Google is India's most trusted Internet brand: report
Google Inc has been ranked India’s Most Trusted Internet brand for 2012, according to a report by the Trust Research Advisory called The Brand Trust Report, India Study - 2013. Google has been in the lead for the past three consecutive times. Social networking giant Facebook trails closely behind with a 3 per cent difference, the report stated. The report also stated that the number of brands represented in the Internet category this year has gone up from 14 in 2012 to 25 this year.
According to the report, Google (all India rank 44) fell 13 ranks and Facebook (all India rank 48) gained 17 ranks to bridge the gap. Yahoo secured the third position despite its 62 rank fall in the All India Brand Trust rank. Google’s Orkut is at number four while Ebay is India’s fifth Most Trusted Internet brand.
In the sub-categories, Naukri is leading in in Internet Services, Ebay in online shopping, YouTube in online sharing, Google in Internet Tools and Facebook in social networking.
“The two reasons online brands rely significantly on trust more than any other are: firstly, the exchanges are without any physical interface, and secondly, the online world is cluttered with choices that make loyalty ephemeral. With most of the new brands entering the Most Trusted list this year being from Online Shopping or Internet Services categories, there will be no stopping this sub-category from seeing accelerated growth over the next 12 months,” said N Chandramouli, CEO, Trust Research Advisory.
- Top Fintech Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- WhatsApp Launches ‘WhatsApp Business’ For Small Businesses
- Employees Not Bothered About Company’s Security: Study
- AI, AR, ML, VoLTE To Boom In 2018: Deloitte
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- India's Telecom Sector To Slash 80K-90K Jobs
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- India-Israel-US Strengthen Ties At Nasscom's Tech Triangle Summit