Google Releases AdSense for Mobiles
Search engine giant Google has released beta version AdSense an advertising platform for mobile applications. The application is initially available only on Apple s iPhone and Android phones.
The AdSense mobile platform allows developers to integrate Google s AdSense network ads into mobile applications facilitating advertisers to bid for placement in mobile apps.
"Advertisers are looking for ways to reach potential customers when they are engaged with mobile content, and application developers are looking for ways to show the best ads to their users," said Susan Wojcicki, VP (product management) at Google in a blog post.
Google however isn’t the first to venture into this space — other contenders in this arena include Vdopia, AdMob, Medialets, Pinch Media, and PurpleTalk, which have been trying to turn mobile advertising into a viable revenue stream for mobile application developers.
Google traditional use of targeted keyword and geography is now extended to mobile platform, said Steinberg, director of business development at Urbanspoon, one of the companies in Google’s closed service trial.
However a study by Pinch Media, a mobile analytics company says that Google’s entry into the space is likely to be developers with extremely popular applications. According to Pinch Media, for mobile users to benefit from this technology is still long way the reason being the ASenses platform works only on most high-performing mobile applications — which is currently less than 5% of the total share.
Fropper offers ‘ezMoney’ to Bloggers with Adsense
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- How To Combat Online Harassment At The Workplace
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage
- 40 pc FMCG Spend Will Have Digital Influence By 2020, Says Google
- 19 Milestones On Google's 19th Birthday
- Google Acquires HTC Talent To Bolster Devices Sale
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India