Google to host first DevFest in Hyderabad, Pune
Google India is organizing DevFest 2010, a developer conference, in Hyderabad on February 27, 2010 and in Pune on March 3, 2010. Google DevFest will be a one day developer gathering of in-depth, technical sessions on how to build the next generation applications with open web technologies, including Google products and services. It will also include presentations by partners such as Lepton Software, Impetus Technologies and OrangeScape that have built solutions on Google APIs.
Rajdeep Dua, Head - Developer Relations, Google India, said, "Google believes in Open Web and supports new web standards like HTML 5 for a faster and a more open web. Our APIs and developer platforms leverage these standards to help developers build better solutions for the web."
"Google has released over 60 developer APIs for its products and this conference is one in a series of initiatives which will help in fostering economic opportunity through the development and growth of India’s web development Industry," he added.
Google DevFest will focus on sharing latest offerings for Google developers that include: App Engine, Maps APIs, Chrome Extensions, Orkut APIs and the new HTML standard which has already been adopted by a wide variety of browsers. The format is a mix of in-depth, technical breakout sessions and informal Q&A. Attendees can also engage with senior Google engineers during the event.
- Google's Android One May Spark New Phone Wars
- Can Google's Android One Be A Threat To Samsung?
- How Google Is Blurring The Lines Between Machines And Humans
- Google's Megan Smith To Become US CTO
- Google Set To Plunge Into India’s Booming Smartphone Market
- Is Facebook Looking To Threaten Google's Search Business?
- IoT Set To Grow Despite Consumer Ignorance
- Karbonn Mobiles Plans To Go Public By 2016
- China Plans Own OS To Oust Google, Microsoft, Apple
- Most Smartphone Users Download Zero Apps Per Month