Google Unveils Firebase Cloud Messaging For Desktop And Web
Google recently revealed a new business-oriented technology, Firebase Cloud Messaging, aiming to ease the workflow of business enterprise. The announcement will expand Firebase’s reach, which was earlier limited to Android and iOS. The service lets enterprise architects to send push notifications for their app to the user’s device.
“Notifications are one of the most compelling tools to build engaging experiences. Since we introduced the technology in Chrome, we’ve seen tremendous adoption, with more than 10B notifications being sent per day to websites. However, enterprise architects often tell us that implementing this feature on the Web can be challenging and that they want to access the same advanced features of FCM that are available on native notifications,” said official google blog.
At its annual event Google executives explained that the company’s work in various business technologies.“We are serious about the enterprise,” said Google’s top cloud computing executive Diane Greene, as if to prove to naysayers that the search giant is a viable competitor to enterprise stalwarts like IBM or Microsoft. The newly introduced web support for Firebase Cloud Messaging will extend current browser support and enable a dramatically simpler implementation process, and brings powerful features such as Topics and Device Group Messaging to the web, the company said.
Firebase is hosted and maintained by Google in their cloud datacenters. It comes with many features which will go well with the business workflow like Admob,Adwords, Analytics, crash reporting and many more.
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Insider Threats and Its Impact On Data Security
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage