Govt's Tech Spend To Touch $7.2 Bn In 2016: Gartner
The government in India is on pace to spend USD 7.2 billion US Dollars (USD) on IT products and services in 2016, an increase of 2.4 per cent over 2015, according to Gartner, Inc. This forecast includes spending on internal services, software, IT services, data center, devices and telecom services. Government comprises state and local governments and national government.
IT services (which includes consulting, software support, business process outsourcing, IT outsourcing, implementation, and hardware support) is expected to grow 9.3 per cent in 2016 to reach USD1.8 billion USD – with the business process outsourcing sub-segment growing 21 per cent.
Telecom services will be a USD1.6 billion USD market, with the mobile network services sub-segment recording the fastest growth with 5.2 per cent in 2016 to reach USD 909 million USD.
“Government spending on software will total USD 885 million USD in 2016, a 4.5 per cent increase from 2015,” said Moutusi Sau, principal research analyst at Gartner. “The software market will be led by growth in applications.”
Internal services will growth 5.8 per cent in 2016 to reach USD 1.5 billion USD. Internal services refer to salaries and benefits paid to the information services staff of an organization. The information services staff includes all employees that plan, develop, implement and maintain information systems.
“The e-governance initiatives to simplify digital channels and data-driven initiatives are driving investments in the government and are anticipated to grow through 2020. The ‘Digital India’ initiatives are making government processes streamlined and integrating the data repositories,” said Sau.
- Adobe, Microsoft, SAP Team Up For Open Data Initiative
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Lack of Skills Raising Demand for IT Security Services
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- 4 Things To Know Before You Move Everything To The Cloud
- How Enterprises Can Secure their Multi-Cloud Environments
- Digital Spending In Retail To Grow By $118 Bn By 2022: Zinnov
- Infor To Double Revenues By 2020: IMEA GM
- How Tech Has Revitalized India's Financial Planning Market