Govt To Curb Corruption Through Online Vigilance
In order to keep vigilance on top executives of the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE), and ensure that the corruption is eliminated, an online system has now been put in place by government, aided by the initiative from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). The reason behind taking this technology based initiative, is to allow for accessibility of quarterly reports on the vigilance status of the CPSE executives, and the decision making process in the ministries can be made possible, and that too swiftly, reported TOI.
Cabinet Secretary Pradeep Kumar Sinha, had earlier raised the issue of appointments of senior executives and also additional charge postings in CPSEs and related organizations. Since then, there was a solution being sought for checking the graft involved, and also monitor the appointment of senior officials in these organizations. Sinha actually said, “It is a matter of concern that despite existing guidelines, proposals for appointment or additional charge arrangements continue to be submitted for consideration of Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) at the eleventh hour,” targeting most secretaries working with the government.
According to the new procedures in place, the proposals not submitted to the Establishment Officer’s office at least two months in advance of the date of vacancy or ending of the additional charge arrangement, will need to have a delay statement signed by the secretary of the department, which would indicate the time taken for processing the proposal at various stages, amongst other things. It will also mention the reasons for the delay, and even have suggestions to avoid the delays in the future, when it comes to appointments and procedures followed.
Image source: ikeepsafe.org
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Why Blockchain Experts Should Rethink Cybersecurity
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- Embrace And Adapt, The New Mantra For Digital Enterprises
- Infosys' Nitesh Banga Joins GlobalLogic As COO
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Blockchain Projects To Lose Much Gleam By 2025: GlobalData
- CIOs Say, Rapid Innovation Puts CX At Risk: Study
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- NIC Steps Up Its Efforts To Hire More Cyber Security Pros