Govt To Curb Corruption Through Online Vigilance
In order to keep vigilance on top executives of the Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE), and ensure that the corruption is eliminated, an online system has now been put in place by government, aided by the initiative from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). The reason behind taking this technology based initiative, is to allow for accessibility of quarterly reports on the vigilance status of the CPSE executives, and the decision making process in the ministries can be made possible, and that too swiftly, reported TOI.
Cabinet Secretary Pradeep Kumar Sinha, had earlier raised the issue of appointments of senior executives and also additional charge postings in CPSEs and related organizations. Since then, there was a solution being sought for checking the graft involved, and also monitor the appointment of senior officials in these organizations. Sinha actually said, “It is a matter of concern that despite existing guidelines, proposals for appointment or additional charge arrangements continue to be submitted for consideration of Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) at the eleventh hour,” targeting most secretaries working with the government.
According to the new procedures in place, the proposals not submitted to the Establishment Officer’s office at least two months in advance of the date of vacancy or ending of the additional charge arrangement, will need to have a delay statement signed by the secretary of the department, which would indicate the time taken for processing the proposal at various stages, amongst other things. It will also mention the reasons for the delay, and even have suggestions to avoid the delays in the future, when it comes to appointments and procedures followed.
Image source: ikeepsafe.org
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Multi-Factor Authentication Can Mitigate Password Risks: Study
- Using Digital Transformation To Secure Your Bank Locker
- Organizations Must Prepare for Data Security Risks To Survive
- SUSE Builds Momentum With New Offerings, Market Expansion
- Scalable, Secure Govt Data Centers For Online Citizen Services
- Ericsson Opens First India Experience Studio in Gurugram
- Gartner's 5 Emerging Technology Trends Every CIO Should Know
- Digital Security At The Heart Of Business Strategy