GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- Top 4 Challenges Of Application Hosting
- SHAREit Crosses 1 Bn Users; Bullish On India Market
- LinkedIn’s “Made in India” Lite App To Touch Over 60 Nations
- Airtel Says It Achieved 81% Reduction In CO2 Emissions
- How To Get Funding For Your Business Idea
- MobiKwik Partners Samsung Pay For 'One-Tap' Payment Solutions
- Cloud To Spur IT Spending In The Enterprise By 2017-End
- Indian Mobile Data May Cost Rs 50/GB By 2020: Report
- New App Launched To Know Everything About GST
- 5G To Go Mainstream By 2020; Asia Leads The Way