GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone
- Google, Airtel Push UPI-Based Digital Payments Market
- Google Likely To Launch Mobile Payment Service In India
- Dell EMC Looks At $26 Bn India Market, Focuses On JAM
- Smart India Stack Can Slash Operational Costs Upto 70 pc
- 7 Mobile CRM Features Businesses Find Attractive
- Decoding The Future Of Mobile App Economy
- Debunking Myths About CRM Pricing To SMEs
- Apple Partners With Accenture On Enterprise Mobile Apps
- Mobility Is The Future Of Banking