GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- Who’s Getting Hired In Tech This Year?
- Twitter CEO Dick Costolo Upbeat On India Market
- Google Now Adds Bill Payment To GMail
- Mobile-Cloud Strategy: Microsoft Ties Up With Samsung
- How Semiconductor Market Is Poised For Big Growth
- Are Marketers Leveraging Mobile Local Search?
- Bharti Airtel Partners AWS For Cloud Services
- Businesses Still Ignoring Mobile Apps Security
- Xiaomi Is Now India's Top 4G Handset Seller
- CAPCHA's Have Negative Impact On Web Traffic