GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- Citizen IT Aids Mobile Security
- Mobile Apps Are Putting Indians’ Privacy At Risk: Norton Study
- Distributed Enterprises Take Note Of These 5 Steps
- BSNL And Techprocess Join For Online Payments
- With Driverless Cars Come Social Dilemma: MIT Study
- pCloudy To Reign Over Indian App Testing Market
- Top 5 Apps To Promote Digital India Initiative
- Mobile, A Game Changer In Banking
- Uber Gears Up To Accelerate Indian Market
- Top CFO Mantras To Ensure A Profitable Year Ahead