GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- Social Selling Is The Future For Acquiring New Clients
- Text Vs Speech: The Best Messaging Platform for Enterprises
- Lenovo Slashes More Jobs From Motorola Smartphones Division
- RJio Rivals Now Chant The 'Jio Aur Jeene Do' Mantra
- Yahoo Hacked But Is Anybody Safe Online?
- Breaking Through The Hype of Reliance Jio 4G Offerings
- Ex-Snapdeal Product Chief Anand Chandrasekaran Joins Facebook
- Machine Learning Can Work Wonders For Fintech
- How Airport Apps Are Altering Travel Experience
- Interconnect War Between Airtel-RJio Turns Ugly