GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- E-Commerce Hiring Will Be Huge In 2016. Here's Why
- WhatsApp Now Dominates Over Half Of The World: Report
- App Analytics For Simplified Customer Engagement
- 7 Digital Success Mantras For Financial Firms
- Cook, Modi Meet To Discuss India Manufacturing Plans
- User Experience Goes Well Beyond What’s on the Screen
- Discounts, Offers Lure Indians Into Mobile Shopping: Study
- Smartphone Users Check Phones More Than 80 Bn Times Daily
- 5 Things To Do Before Enterprise App Launch
- Users Don’t Like Control Over Personal Data: Study