GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- MapmyIndia Brings NaviMaps For iOS Users Too!
- Citrix Bullish On India's DaaS Segment
- Consumers Don’t Trust Retailers On Data Safety
- Latest Trends In Cloud Computing
- India To See Strong Mobile Broadband Growth
- Network Performance Shapes Smartphone Behavior
- Yahoo Buys Flurry To Step Up Mobile Business
- BSNL, MTNL Set For A Major Revival
- Cognizant Computing To Have Great Impact On Consumer IT
- Does Slimmer Mean Stronger For IT Cos?