GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- ICICI Bank Launches New Mobile Apps
- Wearables To Soon Witness Mass Market Adoption
- Gear Up C-Suite, Employees Want Mobile Workspace
- Securing The Enterprise In An App-Centric Economy
- Google's Android One May Spark New Phone Wars
- 75 pc Of Mobile Apps Will Fail Basic Security Tests
- Cyber Attacks On Financial Cos On The Rise
- Uninor's New Project To Bridge Mobile Gender Gap
- Asia, Oceania Set To Drive Global M2M Market Growth
- Can Tim Cook Recreate The 'Apple Magic?'