GSM Subscriber Base Grows by 9.3mn in August
Indian GSM mobile operators added 9.31 million users in August as against 9.9 million new users in the previous month that is down 6%. This drop in new additions is primarily due to poor showing of state-owned telcos BSNL and MTNL, which reported a decline of as much as 16% and 43%, respectively.
The total subscriber base of GSM operators in India now stands at 335.5 million, as per data released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI).
The monthly data does not include GSM subscribers of Reliance Communications and Tata Teleservices, a majority of whose customers use the CDMA platform. The two companies report figures separately.
The breakup of the additions by GSM mobile operators in August is as follows (in millions): Bharti Airtel 2.82; Vodafone Essar 2.19; BSNL 1.36; Idea Cellular 1.54; Aircel 1.31; MTNL 66,909.
- 5 Common Mobile Mistakes Advertisers Should Avoid
- What the Future Holds For Recruitment Technologies
- Indian Firms Yet To Gain From Psychometric Tools
- Huawei Bags Huge Deal From Vodafone India
- India May Ask, Google, WhatsApp To Store Private Data
- Online Shoppers In India May Shift From Web To Mobile
- iPhone 7 India Launch: E-Tailers, Telcos Offer Exciting Deals
- Symantec, VMware Strike Cyber-Security Deal
- Mobile Are Best Advertising Channels For Ecommerce Brands In India
- Why Google Wants To Be Everything To Everybody