GSM Subscriber Base Increases by 9.5mn in July
The total GSM subscriber base in India has reached 325.7 million, with telecom majors such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar and BSNL together adding 9.5 million subscribers in July.
According to figures released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI), the GSM operators had together added 9.5 million users as against. 8.9 million subscribers in June.
As per the COAI data, Bharti Airtel added 2.8 million new subscribers during the period, taking its total subscriber base to 105.1 million. Airtel continues to be the market leader with a marketshare of 32.29 percent.
Vodafone Essar added 2.2 million in July against 2.3 million new connections in June. The operator has a marketshare of 24.16 percent.
Vodafone Essar s total subscriber base at the end of July stood at 78.6 million.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- Ericsson Forecasts 1 Billion 5G Subscriptions By 2023
- 5 Things To Expect If Bitcoins Are Legalized In India
- What’s Up With Mid-level IT leaders?