GSM Subscriber Base Increases by 9.5mn in July
The total GSM subscriber base in India has reached 325.7 million, with telecom majors such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar and BSNL together adding 9.5 million subscribers in July.
According to figures released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI), the GSM operators had together added 9.5 million users as against. 8.9 million subscribers in June.
As per the COAI data, Bharti Airtel added 2.8 million new subscribers during the period, taking its total subscriber base to 105.1 million. Airtel continues to be the market leader with a marketshare of 32.29 percent.
Vodafone Essar added 2.2 million in July against 2.3 million new connections in June. The operator has a marketshare of 24.16 percent.
Vodafone Essar s total subscriber base at the end of July stood at 78.6 million.
- Accenture, Israel Consulate And Nasscom launch 'scalerator'
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Lenovo Promotes Bhaskar Choudhuri To CMO For Asia Pacific
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- India Among Top 5 Countries Generating E-Waste
- How AWS Is Driving India's Cloud Growth Story
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson