GSM Subscriber Base Increases by 9.5mn in July
The total GSM subscriber base in India has reached 325.7 million, with telecom majors such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar and BSNL together adding 9.5 million subscribers in July.
According to figures released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI), the GSM operators had together added 9.5 million users as against. 8.9 million subscribers in June.
As per the COAI data, Bharti Airtel added 2.8 million new subscribers during the period, taking its total subscriber base to 105.1 million. Airtel continues to be the market leader with a marketshare of 32.29 percent.
Vodafone Essar added 2.2 million in July against 2.3 million new connections in June. The operator has a marketshare of 24.16 percent.
Vodafone Essar s total subscriber base at the end of July stood at 78.6 million.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On New Market
- Altaf Halde Steps Down; Kaspersky Lab Appoints New GM
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Large-Scale IoT Projects Doubled In Last One Year: Study
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- Facebook India MD Umang Bedi Resigns
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How Option3 Is Creating a Winning Strategy For Its Startup Biz