GSM Subscriber Base Increases by 9.5mn in July
The total GSM subscriber base in India has reached 325.7 million, with telecom majors such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar and BSNL together adding 9.5 million subscribers in July.
According to figures released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI), the GSM operators had together added 9.5 million users as against. 8.9 million subscribers in June.
As per the COAI data, Bharti Airtel added 2.8 million new subscribers during the period, taking its total subscriber base to 105.1 million. Airtel continues to be the market leader with a marketshare of 32.29 percent.
Vodafone Essar added 2.2 million in July against 2.3 million new connections in June. The operator has a marketshare of 24.16 percent.
Vodafone Essar s total subscriber base at the end of July stood at 78.6 million.
- How Is AI Transforming the Digital Payments Landscape
- India Ranks 7th On Web Application Attacks: Akamai
- India's Top 10 Innovative Companies For 2018
- Subscription E-commerce: What Online Retailers Should Know
- Choosing The Right HR Management System For Your Firm
- CXOs Still Wary Of Cloud Data Security: Study
- India’s Digital Payments Will Touch USD 1-Tn By 2022: Report
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India