GSM Subscriber Base Increases by 9.5mn in July
The total GSM subscriber base in India has reached 325.7 million, with telecom majors such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Essar and BSNL together adding 9.5 million subscribers in July.
According to figures released by the Cellular Operators’ Association of India (COAI), the GSM operators had together added 9.5 million users as against. 8.9 million subscribers in June.
As per the COAI data, Bharti Airtel added 2.8 million new subscribers during the period, taking its total subscriber base to 105.1 million. Airtel continues to be the market leader with a marketshare of 32.29 percent.
Vodafone Essar added 2.2 million in July against 2.3 million new connections in June. The operator has a marketshare of 24.16 percent.
Vodafone Essar s total subscriber base at the end of July stood at 78.6 million.
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- Cisco Announces A Slew Of Initiatives To Accelerate Digitization In India
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise
- Focus On Visibility To Prevent Cyber Threat, Says Skybox Exec
- Twitter's India Country Director Taranjeet Singh Steps Down
- Firms Keen On Hiring Techies With Soft Skills, Says LinkedIn
- EdTech, FinTech To Transform Job Skilling In India: Experts
- Damson Technologies Launches Its India Operations