GSMA Launches Mobile Connect Solution In India
The global telecom body GSMA recently launched its mobile-based authentication solution Mobile Connect in India. Mobile Connect is a secure mobile-based authentication solution that allows thousands of customers to safely and seamlessly access online services on their mobile devices without worrying about privacy or passwords.
Globally 42 operators in 22 countries are implementing Mobile Connect, making it available to nearly 3 billion customers. The India rollout will allow about 800 million customers to avail the services through their mobile network operators including Aircel, Bharti Airtel, Idea, Tata Teleservices, Telenor and Vodafone.
As Mobile Connect has been rolled out in India, the platform is used by a range of digital service providers including GaneshaSpeaks, GoIbibo, Trupay, Twigly, Zee Digital Group and Zomato, according to agency report.
“India is already the world’s second-largest mobile market and as the country enters a new phase of mobile industry growth that will unlock far-reaching social and economic benefits, it is critical that consumer security is ensured at all times,” said Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA.
The solution enables customers to create and manage a digital universal identity via a single login. The service securely authenticates users, enabling them to digitally confirm their identity and their credentials and grant safe online access to mobile and digital services, said a statement which noted that Mobile Connect works by employing the user’s unique mobile number, combined with a unique PIN for more secure use cases, to verify and grant online access.
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Nissan Motor Appoints Anthony Thomas As Global CIO
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study