GTalk suffers outage across the globe
Popular instant messaging service Google Talk or GTalk has apparently has suffered a severe outage across the globe. Google has acknowledged the issue on its Apps Status dashboard.
At 4:10 PM IST, the dashboard had the Service outage status highlighted with the following message
We’re investigating reports of an issue with Google Talk. We will provide more information shortly.
While at 4:20 PM IST, the dashboard had the Service disruption status highlighted with the following message
We’re aware of a problem with Google Talk affecting a majority of users. The affected users are able to access Google Talk, but are seeing error messages and/or other unexpected behavior. We will provide an update by 7/26/12 5:20 PM detailing when we expect to resolve the problem. Please note that this resolution time is an estimate and may change.
Since morning, GTalk users have been complaining about the erratic service of the instant messenger.
- Here's Why The Voice-First Strategy Will Rule
- Here's What Businesses Without HTTPS Should Know This July
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India
- Ex-SoftBank Executive Nikesh Arora Joins Palo Alto As CEO
- 8 Out Of 10 Most Valuable Brands Are In Tech: Study
- NITI Aayog, Google To Jointly Foster India's AI Ecosystem
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- IT, Digital Firms Comprise LinkedIn's Best Cos For 2018
- Amazon Beats Apple, Google To Become World’s Most Valuable Brand