GTL to Focus on the Telecom Sector
GTL Ltd, a network services company has further aided its goal of focusing exclusively on the telecom sector.
In 2007, the company had sold off its enterprise network and managed service business to Orange Business Service, the business communications arm or France Telecom in an all cash deal.
The company wants to increase net profit margins from eight per cent to 12 per cent over the next two years. It also wants to increase the contribution of profit margins will from geographies other than India from 20 per cent to 50 per cent. The company is proactively looking at inorganic growth through acquisition in the network planning and professional services space.
Manoj Tirodkar, chairman and MD, GTL who refused to disclose specifics said, “Acquiring companies in Europe and the US has become pretty selective. It is better to focus on growing markets like Africa and the Middle East.”
Speaking about the scope of 3G on the telecom infrastructure in India, he said that the technology will bring with it tremendous expansion of the telecom infrastructure on the part of the service providers.
He said that rampant adoption of 3G would depend on the four-five big players in the Indian telecom market, who are entering into joint ventures with foreign players.
GTL too will leverage its 2006 acquisition of Genesis to hop on to the 3G bandwagon.
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- 5 Ways CRM Can Power Hospitality Sector