Gujarat Launches Consumer Helpline
On the occasion of National Consumer Day, Gujarat today got a toll free number to help people get free advice on all issues related to consumer affairs.
The helpline will guide consumers and assist them in resolving their grievances. CERC has been selected for setting up the helpline to address issues related to water, banking, credit cards, telephone services, building related issues, hospital services, education and investor services. Farmers too can seek help through this helpline, according to a statement.
The helpline will also provide general information related to consumer protection, the Consumer Protection Act and the administrative set-up.
The department of food, civil supplies and consumer affairs, and CERC jointly introduced the number, while celebrating Consumers Be Alert, Stay Safe , at the Ahmedabad Management Association.
- Adobe, Microsoft, SAP Team Up For Open Data Initiative
- How Make in India Can Lead The World With Disruptive Innovation
- Applying A Customer-Centric' Formula For Business Success
- App Makers Should Create More Relevant Apps For Tech-Savvy Indians
- Poor Router Security Makes Indians Vulnerable To Cyber Attacks
- Cloud Is Critical For Driving Semicon Industry's Growth
- Why 4 out of 10 Security Alerts Go Attended Daily In India?
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study