Handset Maker Mobell Enters Indian Market
Singapore-based mobile handset manufacturer Mobell Technology has forayed into the Indian market in a tie-up with Salora International.
Mobell has launched seven handset models priced between Rs 2,000 and Rs 7,000.to mark its entry.
"India is a very significant market for us and presents a huge opportunity for us to tap. We will bring handsets designed for Indian needs and localisation will be an important factor for us," said Arthur Tan, managing director, Mobell Technology.
Under the tie-up, Salora will oversee sales and distribution of the handsets in India.
In the first year, the company intends to focus more on building the brand than on sales. "In the next three-five years, we would like to see Mobell among the top 10 players in India," said Gopal Jiwarajka, managing director Salora International.
Initially, the handsets will be made available in the northern and eastern regions and by June next year across India. Mobell plans to launch six more models by January 2010.
With this tie-up, Salora said it will increase its service centres from the current 175 to 500 by next year.
- Mobiliya's New MDM Solution For Indian Organizations
- Lemon Tree Advances Security With Face Recognition Solution
- The Potential Of Apps to Transform Enterprises
- HPC Market Set for Considerable Growth
- IT Networking Market In India Set To Grow
- SDN Market On Rise, HP Launches App Store
- Cognizant Acquires Odecee, a Digital Solutions Company in Australia
- Innovative IT, Biz Models Driving Indian Healthcare
- Happiest Minds Among Deloitte Fastest Growing Technology Company List
- Major Factors Influencing The IoT Market Growth