Handset Maker Mobell Enters Indian Market
Singapore-based mobile handset manufacturer Mobell Technology has forayed into the Indian market in a tie-up with Salora International.
Mobell has launched seven handset models priced between Rs 2,000 and Rs 7,000.to mark its entry.
"India is a very significant market for us and presents a huge opportunity for us to tap. We will bring handsets designed for Indian needs and localisation will be an important factor for us," said Arthur Tan, managing director, Mobell Technology.
Under the tie-up, Salora will oversee sales and distribution of the handsets in India.
In the first year, the company intends to focus more on building the brand than on sales. "In the next three-five years, we would like to see Mobell among the top 10 players in India," said Gopal Jiwarajka, managing director Salora International.
Initially, the handsets will be made available in the northern and eastern regions and by June next year across India. Mobell plans to launch six more models by January 2010.
With this tie-up, Salora said it will increase its service centres from the current 175 to 500 by next year.
- India Touchscreen Display Market To Cross USD 1.9 Bn By 2021: Study
- Are CIOs Ready For Cybersecurity Preparedness?
- How Public Sector CIOs Can Lead Digital Transformation
- Xiaomi May No Longer Be The 'Apple Of The East'
- Telecom Tower Firms Tenancy Ratio To Be Up 2.9 pc By 2020
- 5 Ways Enterprise Tech Will Shape Businesses
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today - (Aug 22-Aug 27)
- Effective Infrastructure Management Drives Biz Efficiency
- Mobile Handset Shipments Surpass 75 Mn Mark In Q2 2016
- Global CAD Market To Cross USD 1 Bn By 2024: TMR