Handset Maker Mobell Enters Indian Market
Singapore-based mobile handset manufacturer Mobell Technology has forayed into the Indian market in a tie-up with Salora International.
Mobell has launched seven handset models priced between Rs 2,000 and Rs 7,000.to mark its entry.
"India is a very significant market for us and presents a huge opportunity for us to tap. We will bring handsets designed for Indian needs and localisation will be an important factor for us," said Arthur Tan, managing director, Mobell Technology.
Under the tie-up, Salora will oversee sales and distribution of the handsets in India.
In the first year, the company intends to focus more on building the brand than on sales. "In the next three-five years, we would like to see Mobell among the top 10 players in India," said Gopal Jiwarajka, managing director Salora International.
Initially, the handsets will be made available in the northern and eastern regions and by June next year across India. Mobell plans to launch six more models by January 2010.
With this tie-up, Salora said it will increase its service centres from the current 175 to 500 by next year.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOtoday
- Bitcoin: Changing The Business Landscape
- Security Isn't A Destination, It’s A Journey
- pCloudy To Reign Over Indian App Testing Market
- Microsoft And TCS Co-Innovate Platform For Startups
- Things To Remember While Buying A Power Bank
- High-End Smartphone Market To Boom By 19 Per-Cent
- NASSCOM Organizes 4th Edition Of Big Data & Analytics Summit 2016
- Tax Reimbursement Claims, Still A Dreaded Dump Of Paperwork
- Mobile, A Game Changer In Banking