Haptik Sees 40% Customer Retention With Exotel
Haptik is one of the world’s largest conversational AI platforms catering to more than 100 chatbots across BFSI, utility, e-commerce, telecom. Some of its biggest customers include Goibibo, Uber, HDFC Life, Coca-Cola, Samsung, Amazon, to name a few. Reminders, their most popular offering, is extensively used by their customers - that can be customized with ease, and allows users to create alerts and wake up calls with varied timing and frequency.
Founded by technocrats in 2013 by Aakrit Vaish and Swapan Rajdev, the Mumbai-based company has made more than 3.2 million calls on a monthly basis till December 2017. Now that’s a large call volume when it is broken down to the calls that has to be made every day. It is neither practical nor possible to manually trigger these calls, because it is bound by time.
Therefore to ensure that reminder calls/SMS are triggered at the right time, the company partnered with Exotel. “We used Exotel to programmatically trigger reminder calls to the users. In case a reminder call fails because of a possible telephony service outage in the user’s area or because of any other reason, an SMS triggered by Exotel is sent to remind them of their tasks,” said Apurv Jain, Product Manager, Haptik
According to Jain, Haptik not only offers reminder services through calls and SMS, but they also have in-app reminder notifications. While 60% of their reminders are powered on calls/SMS, the rest 40% are carried on notifications, where the user gets reminded of tasks by in-app notifications.
Apart from these daily reminders, Haptik also offers exclusive reminder services for special occasions. For instance, Haptik called up its users on Mother’s Day and reminded them to wish their mother on this special day. Another instance, a local favourite, is when they reminded users about their favourite cricket team playing in an IPL match, he mentioned.
Customer retention is a predicament for many a businesses, Exotel helps us in the entire packaging of the reminders channel thereby leaving the user delighted, satisfied and retained with Haptik.” said Jain.
With customer experience and feedback of paramount importance to Haptik, the app also allows users to provide feedback and rate their experience. If a user is unsatisfied with the service, a customer support executive automatically reaches out to the user to understand their needs. Alternatively, users can also reach out Haptik on their social media channels or Playstore/ Appstore for support, said Jain.
According to him, post the deployment, the company received a very positive customer feedback. “They have an extremely responsive customer support staff that has always been there to assist us,” Jain said with a smile.
- Engage Directly With Customers For IT Innovation
- 9 Benefits of Integrating Telephony into Your CRM Software
- Putting Customer Experience At The Heart Of Digital Transformation
- 13 Surprising Uses Of Emotion AI Technology
- The Next Phase Of IoT Evolution In BFSI Sector
- Companies Should Build Customer Trust In IoT Products, Says Study
- 5 Reasons Why Direct Banks Are the Next Big Thing in Banking
- How Customer Experience Is Disrupting Business Models
- CMOs Under Pressure to Show Business Value, Says Gartner
- Gartner Identifies 10 IoT Technologies and Trends