Has Anirban Dey Quit SAP To Join Infosys?
SAP Labs India managing director Anirban Dey quits the company. Dey’s exit comes less than a week after the announcement of former SAP CTO and Board member Vishal Sikka as Infosys’ new CEO. This has set off speculations that he may be heading to Infosys, the country’s second largest IT services firm.
Some industry watchers believe Sikka may want to bring to Infosys a strong talent pool from outside, especially those with whom he was comfortable working with. However, some have discounted the possibility of his joining the domestic IT major.
Dey took over as the head of SAP Labs India in January last year. He succeeded V R Ferose who took a global role at SAP. Dey was with SAP since 2008 and has over 15 years of expertise in technology and applications development.
Infosys declined to comment on whether Dey was joining the company. Meanwhile, in SAP, Clas Neumann, the global head of SAP Labs Network, will take over Dey’s responsibilities till the German enterprise software firm finds a replacement.
Dey was reportedly one of the Indians, like Sikka, who led the innovation and operational efficiencies at SAP Labs. He led the team that built a critical component of HANA called the modeller. “It is the face of HANA, and was designed and developed in Bangalore. The modeller is used to interact with the database, programme it and produce models that help derive analytics,” he said in an interview with Business Today.
He is also credited with driving SAP Hana-based platforms such as SAP Auction Analytics and SAP Game Analytics. That work is said to have brought Dey and Sikka very close. Sikka was the main architect and advocate of the Hana platform.
While this could be a good enough reason to speculate Dey’s next move, which analysts need to wait and watch.
- Key Challenges For Infosys' New CEO Salil Parekh
- Infosys Names Capgemini's Salil Parekh As New CEO
- Infosys To Hire 6K Techies Over The Next Two Years
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 21-25)
- Can Nandan Nilekani Bring Infosys Back On Track?
- Infosys Saga: Nandan Nilekani Appointed Chairman
- Infosys Saga: Leadership Lessons For Founder-CEOs
- Infosys Crisis: Can Founders Ever Walk Away From Their Companies?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Aug 14-18)
- Infosys’ Blunder: Throwing Baby With The Bathwater