IT Disaster Management Plan Crucial For All Businesses
Gone are the days when any business organization could be complacent about their IT recovery and Disaster Recovery Management plan. With technological advancement and the use of technology has come many changes in the way organizations do business, but the venerability of organizations has also increased. In an exclusive interaction with CXOtoday, Chandra Sekhar Pulamarasetti, Founder and CEO of Sanovi Technologies shares insights into the latest trends of the industry, and how best businesses are to cope with them.
- Which core capabilities of Sanovi Technologies allow it cope with latest security challenges?
Sanovi is a leading provider of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Management (BCDR) software. BCDR is an important part of IT Security. Sanovi’s Disaster Recovery Management (DRM) Software ensures that the business defined application recovery SLAs (Recovery Time and Recovery Point objectives) are met, thus minimizing the impact of application outages. In today’s competitive, always-on business scenario, the impact of outage of business critical applications can be particularly disastrous as it leads to reputation loss, business loss and penalties by the regulators.
Sanovi DRM software combines monitoring, reporting, testing and workflow automation capabilities of complex IT infrastructure into a scalable and easy-to-use solution built on industry standards. It provides a unified IT Resilience solution for managing recovery across physical, virtual and private cloud infrastructure in the enterprise datacenters.
- Please elaborate on some of the latest trends in IT Security, and which would be the best strategies to cope?
The latest trend in IT Security is the rising importance of IT Resiliency, the ability to quickly get business applications up-and-running, and minimize service outages. Companies are solving this problem through DR (Data Recovery) automation and orchestration software, which automates the entire DR life-cycle to proactively monitor, manage and report DR readiness.
- What role is new age technology playing amongst today’s security issues?
The focus of IT Security has traditionally been on threat detection and prevention. However emerging technology like Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Management are becoming important part of the enterprise IT Security Strategy, as it helps them to minimize negative business impact, in case the threat materializes.
Disaster Recovery Management (DRM) software enables IT resiliency – ability to quickly be available again, regardless of the cause of the outage. The role of DRM software is to provide business and IT leaders the confidence that the BCDR plan will work when actually required.
- Which sectors do you find the greatest of vulnerabilities in IT infrastructure?
While the vulnerability exists across sectors, some of the more vulnerable sectors security wise, which we have observed include Financial Services, Retail, Government, Manufacturing and Healthcare.
- Coming to Sanovi’s growth path, please share insights into company’s short and medium term growth prospects?
Sanovi has been rapidly expanding in past few years and the market for BCDR has been expanding fast. To get a sense of the growth expected in the BCDR market, let us look at a recent market report by markets and Markets which predicts that the Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) market size is estimated to grow from USD 1.68 Billion in 2016 to USD 11.11 Billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 45.9% from 2016 to 2021. The report also mentions that APAC is the fastest growing region for DRaaS market, and the key reasons for the high growth rate in APAC are the explosion of new technologies combined with increasing business needs and increase in the number of organizations adopting DR services.
Sanovi has consistently outperformed the market growth over past 5 years. We are expanding rapidly in the North American market, which is the biggest market geography wise. Sanovi’s market is growing very fast and APAC the region in which we have the strongest presence is growing at an even faster pace. Looking at the above factors, we believe that we should be able to achieve around 100% CAGR over next 5 years.
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- How Companies Can Disrupt Ransomware Attacks
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)