HCL Acquires New Jersey Green Datacenter
HCL Technologies announced that it has completed acquisition of a 35,000 sq ft datacentre in Parsippany, New Jersey. The move is in line with HCL s strategy to increase its global footprint and meet growing customer demand for eco-friendly, advanced, end-to-end services.
This next-generation datacentre complements HCL s existing near-shore delivery network in US comprising its operations centre in Raleigh, North Carolina and its global datacentre delivery ecosystem, powered by its partner footprints across the globe.
HCL has nine datacentre partners, apart from its own facilities, currently serving its worldwide customer base.
HCL took over this datacentre from a Fortune 500 enterprise in October, 2008 and upgraded the technology and service landscape, using its consolidation, virtualization, green computing and reference architectures including open systems and mainframes. This resulted in higher serviceability, better end-user application response times and significant cost savings over the last 10 months, the company claimed
HCL is further upgrading this facility to a Tier III equivalent datacentre by deploying eco-friendly technologies from leading solution/technology vendors and acquiring world-class certifications.
We believe that our investment in local geographies and innovative solutions and services will provide significantly reduced TCO and enhanced IT performance including proximity benefits to US enterprises, said C. Vijay Kumar, SVP (Service Delivery), HCL.
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- Top 10 Customer Experience Trends in 2018
- CIO Klub Chennai Chapter Marks Sixth anniversary
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- How 2018 Can Shape The Digital Transformation Story
- Making AR-VR Technologies Enterprise Ready
- 10 Data-Driven Trends That Will Dominate This Year
- Top 10 Business Intelligence Trend for the year 2018
- Top 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2018
- Technologies That Will Take Off In 2018