HCL Acquires New Jersey Green Datacenter
HCL Technologies announced that it has completed acquisition of a 35,000 sq ft datacentre in Parsippany, New Jersey. The move is in line with HCL s strategy to increase its global footprint and meet growing customer demand for eco-friendly, advanced, end-to-end services.
This next-generation datacentre complements HCL s existing near-shore delivery network in US comprising its operations centre in Raleigh, North Carolina and its global datacentre delivery ecosystem, powered by its partner footprints across the globe.
HCL has nine datacentre partners, apart from its own facilities, currently serving its worldwide customer base.
HCL took over this datacentre from a Fortune 500 enterprise in October, 2008 and upgraded the technology and service landscape, using its consolidation, virtualization, green computing and reference architectures including open systems and mainframes. This resulted in higher serviceability, better end-user application response times and significant cost savings over the last 10 months, the company claimed
HCL is further upgrading this facility to a Tier III equivalent datacentre by deploying eco-friendly technologies from leading solution/technology vendors and acquiring world-class certifications.
We believe that our investment in local geographies and innovative solutions and services will provide significantly reduced TCO and enhanced IT performance including proximity benefits to US enterprises, said C. Vijay Kumar, SVP (Service Delivery), HCL.
- How Automation, Disruptors Hit Traditional Law Firms
- How Keysight Is Helping Customers Boost Design Innovation
- We See New Opportunities In India's Enterprise Market: Zendesk CEO
- Leaders Should Optimize IT I&O For Digital Business
- 5 Digital Transaction Trends To Follow This Year
- New Technologies Drive Hiring In IT Sector: Survey
- Indian Businesses Lack Confidence In Digital Transformation Capabilities
- Supreme Court Website Hacked; Is India Ready To Defend?
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- How IoT Is Revolutionizing CPG Industry