HCL Acquires New Jersey Green Datacenter
HCL Technologies announced that it has completed acquisition of a 35,000 sq ft datacentre in Parsippany, New Jersey. The move is in line with HCL s strategy to increase its global footprint and meet growing customer demand for eco-friendly, advanced, end-to-end services.
This next-generation datacentre complements HCL s existing near-shore delivery network in US comprising its operations centre in Raleigh, North Carolina and its global datacentre delivery ecosystem, powered by its partner footprints across the globe.
HCL has nine datacentre partners, apart from its own facilities, currently serving its worldwide customer base.
HCL took over this datacentre from a Fortune 500 enterprise in October, 2008 and upgraded the technology and service landscape, using its consolidation, virtualization, green computing and reference architectures including open systems and mainframes. This resulted in higher serviceability, better end-user application response times and significant cost savings over the last 10 months, the company claimed
HCL is further upgrading this facility to a Tier III equivalent datacentre by deploying eco-friendly technologies from leading solution/technology vendors and acquiring world-class certifications.
We believe that our investment in local geographies and innovative solutions and services will provide significantly reduced TCO and enhanced IT performance including proximity benefits to US enterprises, said C. Vijay Kumar, SVP (Service Delivery), HCL.
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO
- Ola Vs Uber And The Battle Of Dominance In India
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- How AI Is Fueling Customer Experience Strategies
- Myriad Possibilities Of The Application Economy
- Gartner: Top 10 Strategic Tech Trends For 2018
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- What's Stopping Banks From Embracing Latest Technologies?