HCL, Cisco launch South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence
It will serve as a local support centre for their South African clients, and support a number of sectors.
HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL) and Cisco opened a South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence (GCoE) in Johannesburg.
The GCoE will serve as a local support centre for HCL and Cisco’s South African clients. It will also train local engineers on advanced Cisco technologies to support clients across Africa and specifically South Africa.
“As more and more companies in the west look for new avenues of growth we are increasingly seeing a large demand for leading edge IT solutions coming in from emerging markets like Africa,” said Ashish Gupta, Senior Vice President and Head - EMEA, HCL Infrastructure Services Division, HCL Technologies.
The GCoE which will be operated by HCL, and will be aligned with the India hub to address the skills shortage for advanced technologies in both regions. HCL has already trained an initial batch of 26 local engineers who are already deployed on key projects in five regional hubs across South Africa, with plans to train 100 engineers at the centre over next 12 months, the company said.
The GCoE will serve customers either directly and indirectly through HCL’s partner network throughout Africa. It will support a number of vertical sectors including telecom service providers, BFSI, the public sector and the retail and mining industry.
“South Africa offers many unique advantages for customer services support and also aligns with our focus to partner with emerging countries in order to create innovative and inclusive business models enabled by technology,” said Stefano Mattiello, Director, Channels for Cisco South Africa.
A week back, HCL and Cisco said that they are jointly creating vertical solutions, with the first of these solutions targeted at the financial services industry to improve the end-customer experience.
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- E-Waste Management Can Redefine Urban Mining
- How Businesses Can Generate Insights From IOT Devices
- Iris Global On Expansion Spree; Ventures Into India's Cyber Security Biz
- Digital To Rule IT Firms' Growth By 2021: ICRA
- Firms Yet To Adopt AI-ML To Improve Cyber Resilience
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- AI, IoT Enhancing Video Surveillance Capabilities
- IT Should Focus On Business Results: IT Expert
- Digital CFOs Stepping Up Efforts To Transform Finance: Study