HCL, Cisco launch South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence
It will serve as a local support centre for their South African clients, and support a number of sectors.
HCL Technologies Ltd. (HCL) and Cisco opened a South Africa Glocal Centre of Excellence (GCoE) in Johannesburg.
The GCoE will serve as a local support centre for HCL and Cisco’s South African clients. It will also train local engineers on advanced Cisco technologies to support clients across Africa and specifically South Africa.
“As more and more companies in the west look for new avenues of growth we are increasingly seeing a large demand for leading edge IT solutions coming in from emerging markets like Africa,” said Ashish Gupta, Senior Vice President and Head - EMEA, HCL Infrastructure Services Division, HCL Technologies.
The GCoE which will be operated by HCL, and will be aligned with the India hub to address the skills shortage for advanced technologies in both regions. HCL has already trained an initial batch of 26 local engineers who are already deployed on key projects in five regional hubs across South Africa, with plans to train 100 engineers at the centre over next 12 months, the company said.
The GCoE will serve customers either directly and indirectly through HCL’s partner network throughout Africa. It will support a number of vertical sectors including telecom service providers, BFSI, the public sector and the retail and mining industry.
“South Africa offers many unique advantages for customer services support and also aligns with our focus to partner with emerging countries in order to create innovative and inclusive business models enabled by technology,” said Stefano Mattiello, Director, Channels for Cisco South Africa.
A week back, HCL and Cisco said that they are jointly creating vertical solutions, with the first of these solutions targeted at the financial services industry to improve the end-customer experience.
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Why 2018 Will Belong To Cloud, AI, Blockchain
- Governance, Risk and Compliance- Trends and Predictions
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- WB To Announce New IT Policy To Woo Investors: CM
- Uber Data Breach: Accountability, Corporate Ethics In Question
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- CISOs, Beware Of Crime-as-a-Service, IoT Threats In 2018