HCL, Fortis Sign IT Outsourcing Deal
Fortis Healthcare has entered into a five-year deal with HCL Infosystems to manage and oversee its IT processes.
HCL will deploy Hospital Information Systems (HIS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions to standardize operations across Fortis hospitals. In addition, the IT major will offer solutions enabling automation of financial processes and business intelligence & analytics solutions to the healthcare major.
Fortis will also be able to have an online sharing of patient records and data.
Shivinder Mohan Singh, managing director, Fortis Healthcare, said, "This tie-up will create newer benchmarks in the quality of healthcare delivery and patient care and take it to the next level."
According to Singh, IT forms the backbone for hospital operations and improved patient care. The system integration with high-end IT infrastructure would result in enhanced performance and superior patient care, he added.
"I am delighted that with this initiative we will not only have an integrated IT platform meeting the needs of our company today, but also have a robust IT infrastructure capable of servicing the future needs of a large network of hospitals across national boundaries and geographies," Singh said.
Ajai Chowdhry, chairman & CEO, HCL Infosystems, commented, "We are happy to be a part of this ground-breaking initiative of introducing total outsourcing of IT application and infrastructure management for the healthcare industry in India. This deal with Fortis Healthcare is a strategic and an effective move that will not only set new benchmarks for the Indian healthcare industry, but also have a positive rub-off on the Fortis Healthcare objectives to provide quality treatment to its patients."
Under the agreement, HCL will have to complete the whole process within 12 months.
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- Realizing Zen in Business
- BI in Insurance Industry: What Are The Possibilities?
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Microsoft To Invest $5-Bn On IoT Globally; Bullish On India
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- Coupon Aggregator Zoutons Launches Chrome Extension
- Role Of Investment Bankers For A Successful M&A Deal
- Digital Urgency Spurs Demand for Outsourcing Services: Study
- Firms Clueless On Data Recovery When Disaster Strikes: Study