HCL Infosystems Develops Solution For Armed Forces
HCL Infosystems has enabled the design, development and deployment of Defence Communication Network (DCN) - the first tri-service communication and IT network of the Armed Forces. The network has been fully designed and developed in India. The DCN was today dedicated to the nation by Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Speaking on the occasion, Premkumar Seshadri, Executive Vice-chairman and Managing Director, HCL Infosystems Ltd. said, “This is a moment of great honour for us. HCL Infosystems is proud to design, develop and deploy the first ever converged tri-service communication and IT network for the Indian Defence Forces.”
“The network has been entirely designed and developed in India. We have made significant investments in creating defence communication technology practice, involving design of critical technology systems for military communication. HCL Infosystems is privileged to have the opportunity to successfully partner in yet another mission critical program of national importance - the Defence Communication Network”, he added.
The state-of-the-art, fully secure DCN is the largest single satellite network in the Indian Defense Forces, spread across the country. This integrated communication architecture between the Army, Navy and Air Force bolsters the prowess of the defence forces during both critical operations and rescue missions. DCN is a major step towards ensuring Network Centricity across the three Services, IDS and SFC.
HCL Infosystems has had a long association with the Indian Defence sector. The Company has closely worked with the Indian Air Force to deploy The Air Force Network (AFNet) and AFCEL (Air Force Cellular Network). AFNet is the first network of its kind for Indian Defence Institutions, which interlinks major installations throughout the country on a high bandwidth network. It incorporates latest traffic transportation technology in the form of Internet Protocol.
Over the past four decades, HCL Infosystems has leveraged its unmatched competencies in IT solutions and services to execute multiple projects of national importance, including the prestigious UIDAI project.
- Why Cloud Adopters Need Visibility Into Their Network
- Artificial Intelligence Transforming India's Education Sector
- Do Customers Trust Brand Sites More Than Social Media?
- Which Sector Will Be The First To Go 100% Robot?
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision
- How E-Commerce Can Deliver Exceptional Experiences
- Microsoft India Cybersecurity Center Aids 126 Organizations
- HFCL Gets A Deal Of Rs 128 Cr From BSNL
- Banks Investing Heavily On IT With Rising Digital Payments: Gartner