HCL signs $500 million strategic deal with Merck
HCL Technologies has signed a five-year, $500 million strategic engagement with MSD (also known as Merck & Co. with headquarters in Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA), a global research-driven pharmaceutical company.
HCL will extend its existing relationship with MSD, dating back to 2004, to become an integral business & technology services partner and provide a multitude of services including software-led IT solutions, remote infrastructure management, engineering and business and knowledge process services.
"For five years, MSD has leveraged HCL’s extensive expertise in life sciences and healthcare to streamline operational efficiencies and consolidate its IT portfolio," said Richard G. Branton, VP of Application Services, MSD. "As we continue to leverage global delivery services to meet our business imperatives, we have chosen HCL as our strategic partner for its depth of technology and pharmaceutical domain experience, coupled with its flexibility to engage and a commitment to deliver."
"This is a landmark win for HCL, and we are proud that our growing leadership in pharmaceutical and healthcare, coupled with our previous delivery for MSD has positioned HCL as a strategic partner for MSD," said Shami Khorana, president HCL Americas. "We are committed to creating transformational value for MSD in this engagement and we look forward to playing a key role in the organization’s growth across global markets."
MSD will leverage HCL’s near-shore delivery network in the US comprised of its operations center in Raleigh, North Carolina and its global data center delivery ecosystem, powered by its partner footprints across the globe. As a result of this engagement, HCL will expand its US team in North Carolina, relying on local hires to staff projects, thus creating jobs for the local community. In total, HCL will deliver services out of 20 worldwide locations including USA, Poland, China and Brazil.
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Global Digital Signature Market To See Huge Leap: Study
- Using Cloud, AI To Transform Banking Sector
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Citizen Engagement Is Critical To Smart Cities' Success: Gartner
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing The Banking Sector
- Digital Disruption Boosts Business Growth, Revenue: Study
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Robosoft Technologies Appoints Ravi Teja As New CEO