HCL spreads awareness on safe disposal of e-waste
HCL Infosystems Limited has announced an array of activities around e-waste disposal beginning from today to commemorate World Environment Day. The program will be rolled out across 505 ‘HCL Touch’ centres spread over major metros and semi urban areas India. Through this initiative, the company will enable its ‘HCL Touch’ centers across the country, to accept e-waste from its customers and put it in safe diposal process. Under this education campaign, HCL will also encourage people to dispose-off defunct IT equipments such as computers, keyboard, scanner, printers etc in an environmental friendly way.
"Today sustainability has to be acknowledged as a pivotal point in any organisation’s growth. With this commitment, we have taken an initiative this week to make our employees, consumers and other stakeholders aware of e-waste management issue that is affecting us immensely in today’s world," said George Paul, EVP, HCL Infosystems.
HCL Infosystems has planned host of activities like the awareness programme on how to reduce individual carbon footprint through educating people to dispose-off e-waste in a more responsible manner collaborating with dealers and distributor community. HCL Infosystems has installed one such programme at Nehru Place in New Delhi for general public.
Once the e-waste donor hands over the e-waste to HCL Touch representative, the representative will register the e-waste donor and gives an acknowledgment receipt after confirming the parity between e-waste declared in the form and actual e-waste brought.
- IBM Steps Up Its Skills Development Efforts In India
- India's Digital Consumer Spending Still Nascent: Google-BCG
- Unnecessary Security Cordons Make Fintech More Vulnerable
- IBM Brings Salesforce Partner Bluewolf To India
- 4G Smartphones Sees 14 pc Growth In India: IDC
- The Most Ethical Tech Firms And Why They Matter
- How CIOs Can Unleash App Power In Digital Business
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses
- Wipro Teams Up With Cisco To Unveil Internet of Lighting Solutions
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market