HCL Tech signs $300-million deal with Finnish company
To provide data centre, end user support, network services and professional IT services to UPM.
IT company HCL Technologies signed a five-year IT infrastructure outsourcing deal worth $ 300 million with UPM, a Finland-based group having presence in energy, paper and engineered materials.
As part of this agreement, HCL will provide data centre, end user support, network services and professional IT services to UPM. HCL will also set up a data centre in Finland and strengthen its existing Espoo Delivery Centre to provide the services.
“The agreement enables UPM IT to offer unified and cost effective IT infra services to UPM businesses. With this engagement we aim to increase scalability and flexibility as well as ensure access to world class competences and best practices”, said Turkka Keskinen, CIO, UPM.
According to HCL, approximately 250 UPM employees globally are within the scope of the planned outsourcing. Transferring UPM employees are expected to move to HCL upon closing, which is expected to take place at the end of August 2012, subject to signing of local transfer agreements and customary closing conditions, said a statement from the company.
“Through this engagement we will aim to optimize and transform UPM’s IT infrastructure to ensure enhanced and cost-efficient IT operations,” said Venu Gopal Lambu, AVP and Head of Continental Europe, HCL Technologies ISD.
- Adobe, Microsoft, SAP Team Up For Open Data Initiative
- Millennials and Cybersecurity: Understanding the Value of Personal Data
- Microsoft, DSCI Team Up To Fill The Women In Cybersecurity Gap
- Key Technologies Redefining Human Resources
- Study Shows Digital Trust Gap Between Companies And Consumers
- Oracle To Showcase Its SaaS Innovation With AI In India
- Research Reveals AI Is Creating More 'Human Friendly' Workplaces
- Travel, E-Com, Utility Lead To India's Digital Commerce Boom: Study
- New Security Flaw Grips Most Modern Laptops: F-Secure Researchers
- BSNL Teams Up With Unlimit To Offer IoT Services To Enterprise