HCL to Manage IT Architecture for UTi
UTi Worldwide Inc. has selected HCL as its strategic global partner for IT application & infrastructure operations & management. This expanded partnership will help UTi Worldwide eliminate redundancies, reduce costs, and improve client services.
The company which multi-million five year deal with HCL Technologies said it outsourced the project to focus on core businesses, and that it can provide seamless IT support to all the business divisions worldwide.
The deal will also help UTi reduce overall IT costs for legacy application and infrastructure support, while deploying a single instance, multi-lingual global service desk supporting nine languages including English, and preparing for their transition to a single, global, enterprise software solution.
HCL will support operations for more than 250 applications and tools, and an infrastructure spanning more than 60 countries. Infact, HCL already started the IT applications and infrastructure transition at UTi towards the end of calendar year 2008. The global service desk will be operational by July, while the consolidation of networks and data centres will be completed in 2010.
In a statement, HCL said I will reduce the It portfolio complexity and the TCO (y-o-y) for UTi, improve client service, and satisfaction.
Uti is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company providing air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services.
The company operates a global network of freight forwarding and domestic road transportation offices in 289 cities and it has over 200 logistics centers under management, in a total of 64 countries. In addition, it serves its customers in 78 additional countries through independent agent-owned offices.
"We will be working with them across applications and infrastructure and will leverage our transportation and logistics domain experience to deliver enhanced value for an effective IT and business alignment, said Sandeep Kishore, senior vice president, HCL.
- CXOs Struggling To Turn Digital Strategies into Performance
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools
- Travel Meets Technology To Redefine Customer Experience
- Verizon Selects AWS As Preferred Cloud Provider
- Why Big Enterprises Are Leaving Cloud For Other Tools
- Vishal Sikka's AI Venture To Boost Human Creativity: Report
- Facebook Updates Workplace To Woo Business Consumers
- How New Tech Models Are Changing The IT Skills
- The Perils Of Ignoring Mobile App Security
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing