HCL to provide laptops to Kerala government schools
HCL Infosystems, hardware, services and ICT systems integration and distribution company today announced the awarding of the contract from Kerala State Electronics Development (Keltron). The company will provide over 6500 units of laptops and netbooks to Keltron, is a nodal agency for supplying the laptop and netbook as a part of IT@School project for Government of Kerala, it informed.
“The efforts made by the Kerala government and Keltron encouraging ICT enabled education are truly commendable and we look forward to a continued association with such initiatives along with many more to come,” remarked J V Ramamurthy, President and COO, HCL Infosystems.
HCL Infosystems informed that it will be partnering with the state government and will provide ME laptops, designed for Indian conditions and supported by company’s service and support network.
IT@School is a project led by Department of General Education, Government of Kerala, to foster IT education and facilitate ICT enabled education delivery in schools across the state. The project will be covering classes starting 5th to 12th standard in the state reaching out to over 8000 schools.
- Central Government Clears BharatNet For Tamil Nadu
- How UP Dial 100 Is Changing the Way Police Do Business
- Changing India's Learning System With Transformational Tech
- Productivity Boost: Editing Multiple Photos at Once
- Top Money Management Tips For Your New SME
- What It Takes To Manage Technical Workforce Supply Chain
- ABI India To Smarten Up Bangladesh's Power Infrastructure
- Smart Clothes: The Future Of Enterprise Wearables
- Internet of Things, Mango Pickles And You!
- Govt Launches 'Cyber Swachhta Kendra' To Prevent Cyber Attack