HCL's Multimillion Deal to Transform News Corp
HCL has entered into a multi million pounds, five year technology Infrastructure Management and Transformation engagement with News International, a UK subsidiary of News Corporation. HCL will be responsible for managing News International’s datacenter and network environments along with strategically transforming them.
To begin with, the process will involve transformation projects such as migrating operating systems to lower cost industry standard solutions, business continuity improvements and virtualization, consolidation & standardization of storage and servers. Thereafter, further innovations and improvements will be driven by HCL’s world class IT management practice.
"The focus within New International on reducing operational costs and increasing technology process standardization requires a flexible, on-tap technology organization with a global presence and the best global technology partnerships. HCL’s proven track record in the Media & Entertainment industry and world-class Infrastructure Management assures us that entering this engagement will provide News International with reduced costs, an improved end user experience, more resilient systems and reduced technology complexity", said Nick Leake, Director of Technology Services, News International.
"We will leverage our experience in transforming the IT operations landscape of hundreds of global enterprise and our globally benchmarked best practices in Infrastructure Management to add exponential value to News International," said Pradeep Bindal, Senior Vice President & Worldwide Head of Sales for Infrastructure Management & Transformation Services, HCL Technologies Infrastructure Services Division. "We are confident of providing efficient operations, reduction in ongoing opex and capex and IT Operations best practices to News International over the tenure of this engagement", he added.
- F Secure Is Growing Much Faster Than The Market
- India's Surgical Robotics Market To Touch $350 Mn By 2025
- What Aadhar Data Breach Means To Digital India And Its Citizens
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- Tech 2017: CXOToday's Top 20 Technology Stories
- Apple India Names New Sales Head As Sanjay Kaul Quits
- Salesforce And Google Form Strategic Partnership
- Media Firms To Think AI, Cognitive To Achieve Personalization
- ContentMart.com: Creating Waves In Online Content Marketplace
- Why India Needs A Second Green Revolution