HDFC Implements Credit Decisioning System
HDFC Bank has deployed Polaris’s enterprise business rule engine for its retail asset lending business comprising auto and personal loans
The enterprise business rule engine is a credit decision engine that enables Polaris’s customers to profile and segment customers for loan products and aids cross-selling and up-selling of related asset products. Intellect Business Rule Engine is the credit decision backbone that powers Global Universal Banking (GUB) - Intellect 10.0, a banking platform built using the next-generation SOA technology.
As implemented at HDFC Bank at this stage, the system performs online application scoring & policy evaluation. The next phase of solution implementation is focused on computing behavioral scoring of retail loan applications in conjunction with the bank’s data warehousing system.
Munish Mittal, EVP & head (Technology Solutions Group) of HDFC Bank said, "We evaluated multiple international and domestic solutions for introducing scoring and rules-based Loan approval process and chose Polaris’s Intellect BRE solution on account of its relatively lower start-up cost, easier integration capability with Bank’s disparate Loan origination & application processing systems as well as availability of local systems integration & maintenance support."
- Diwali Brings Glitter To Consumer Electronics Sales
- Bank Branches Will Not Die Anytime Soon: Study
- Online Retailers Battle It Out For Independence Day
- Telcos Must Explore New Revenue Streams With IoT: Study
- Why Is India Lagging In Its Digital Banking Efforts?
- There's No Stopping India's Online Fashion Boom
- New Entrants, Offline Cos Drive India's Wearable Market
- Software Robots To Become A New Normal In The Workplace
- 58 Indian Cos In 2017 Forbes ‘Global 2000’ List
- HDFC Life Debuts AI-based Insurance Email Bot