HDFC Strengthens Security of Online Customers
HDFC Bank, one of the largest financial institutions has implemented layered defense-in-depth platform to protect customers against online frauds. The bank said the deployment has resulted in increased customer confidence, acceleration of enhanced online banking features and a 60 percent reduction in phishing attacks.
It opted for layered components of RSA s (the security division of EMC) Identity Protection and Verification Suite that includes Adaptive Authentication, FraudAction, eFraudNetwork. It includes the visible component of site-to-user authentication to provide customers with online protection through the use of a personal security image and caption to verify the legitimacy of the bank s website.
Anil Jaggia, chief information officer, HDFC Bank, said, Online fraud is a significant threat to organizations and consumers all over the world. Phishing, Pharming and Trojan attacks are increasing in India as online banking becomes more popular. Our customers are also aware of these threats, so we needed to ensure we could offer them a secured platform that can protect their personal credentials and financial assets. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and RSA provided us with the necessary balance of online security and user convenience.
- Ten Trends Redefining Enterprise IT In 2018
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth
- Enterprise Networks: Things To Focus On In 2018
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- SpiderOak CEO Warns Of 10 Cybersecurity Threats For 2018
- Technology Plays A Vital Role In Empowering The Workforce
- Yes Bank Automates Field Sales Processes Using Kaizala
- SBI To Use Blockchain For Smart Contracts
- Helping C-Suite Innovate With ERP Cloud
- HCL Inks A Five Year Contract With JLT