HDS Expands Hybrid Cloud Portfolio
The enterprise cloud computing space is becoming highly competitive and vendors are wooing customers and partners with new cloud offerings to stay ahead in the race. Hitachi Data Systems has expanded its private and hybrid cloud portfolio a slew of new offerings.
Early this week, Hitachi had announced its partnership with Equinix to provide enterprises with a Hitachi Cloud-Compute as a Service system that delivers managed private cloud services inside Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data centres. The Compute as a Service is a private cloud infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering aimed at customers looking to rely on the hybrid cloud computing model. The cloud service was designed to be a fully managed, secure, on-premise cloud solution that is meant to provide predictable costs for enterprises, according to the company.
Hitachi said by partnering with Equinix, the company will be able to offer fully managed, enterprise-grade services for private cloud systems from a global footprint of Equinix IBX data centres in 32 markets around the globe. These centers allow companies to measure the performance of complex data centre deployments before committing to full-scale production.
“Hitachi Cloud - Compute as a Service is a complete managed cloud solution that accelerates time to market, eliminates complexity, and aligns cost to quality of service and business usage. At the same time, it maintains the security of an on-premise solution. And our Cloud Service Provider Program provides more trusted choice in cloud services,” said Ravi Chalaka, vice president of Solutions Marketing of Hitachi Data Systems, in a statement.
The other solution, Hitachi Unified Compute Platform has been designed to provide “strategic advantages” that accelerate deployment and streamline management and operations. It also includes new options for accessing VMware (VMW) vCloud Air and Microsoft Azure from any organization that prefers to build and manage private and hybrid clouds.
“Our upgraded Hitachi Unified Compute Platform, a converged solution, gives users the business agility and reliability they need to successfully transform their business with cloud,” he added.
The company has also launched a new Hitachi Cloud Service Provider Program that delivers more cloud choices.
- Autonomous Database: Next Big Thing In The Indian Market
- How Businesses Can Ensure A Smooth Transition To GST
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Poor Visibility, Greatest Challenge To Cloud Adoption
- Key Criteria For Choosing Your IoT Connectivity Provider
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Google To Work On Its Own Blockchain Technology
- PVR Cinemas Moves To Cloud For HR Transformation
- How DTDC Uses Cloud To Offer 50pc Faster Resolution Of Service Cases
- Digital Tech Creating Enhanced Experiences In The Air