Healthcare, Energy Key Verticals for Marlabs
In the current economic situation, Marlabs India feels that healthcare and energy will be among the more promising verticals. The US software and KPO services provider is bullish on this market, and will be hiring nearly 500 software staff in the next two quarters for its India operations.
Talking to CXOtoday, Vignesh Hebbar, associate vice president at Marlabs India said, Despite the slowdown Marlabs is not only surviving the downturn but we are also growing. Both healthcare and energy are part of the US government s stimulus plan, and are playing a significant role in recovery efforts and we will be hiring staff in these areas in India as well.
Improving quality of healthcare is a key priority for the current administration in the US. There is also a significant thrust into development of alternative energy sources and the smart grid and as a result, we have been seeing considerable market pickup in these domains, said he. To be more specific, Marlabs India will be hiring staff in the areas of airline services, healthcare and energy that are our key verticals.
Marlabs global model is more than a set of repeatable processes. It is driven by the commitment of people to deliver high quality and cost-effective solutions. Every person on the project, be it onsite or offsite or offshore does what is best to make sure that our solutions consistently surpass your expectations, he said.
As slowdown continues, IT firms could face a problem with volumes and this in turn could result in the reduction in manpower available with company. According to a recent survey by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), about a third of India Inc may reduce its workforce by up to 20% if the gloomy economic scenario persists.
The total head count of Marlabs is 1,750 globally and it recorded revenue of $100 million last fiscal. Going forward the company targets revenue of $125 million this year and the number of employees worldwide is set to increase by over 50%.
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective
- Predictions for RPA in Financial Services in 2018
- Blockchain In The Context Of Enterprises
- RBI Reiterates Its Warning On Bitcoins
- Xiaomi To Make Fresh Investments, Set Up More Plants In India
- Infor Looks To Triple Its India Revenue By 2020
- What Millennials Want From Their Employers?
- Big Data Gaining Grounds In Precision Medicine
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- How Cloud Communication Can Speed Up Digital India vision