HFCL Brings Mandi Bhav to Phones of Punjab Farmers
HFCL Infotel Limited has launched a voice based value added service ‘Mandi Bhav’ in Punjab. This will allow the subscriber to get the rate of commodities such as vegetables, fruits, food grains, pulses fibre crops, and spices from amongst the wholesale markets all across the state.
Vijay Bainsla, GM (marketing), HFCL said, "The service will empower the farmers to find out the mandis where the rates are the best and accordingly they can sell their produce."
The service is available to both ‘Connect’ landline and ‘Ping’ mobile customers. Subscribers can have access to real-time commodity rates from the different mandis of Punjab now by simply dialing a number from their landlines or mobile phones and following some instructions thereafter.
At present HFCL Infotel covers 12 major market of the state including Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Moga, Faridkot, Kapurthala, etc. and has plans to cover at least 40 top mandis of the region depending upon the response.
- Challenges Of Mobile Operators In The Age Of HD
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- FinTech Trends To Watch Out For In 2018
- Security Flaws Threaten Virtually All PCs, Phones
- How To Align Organizational Culture With Right Talent
- Three Cos Merge To Form Rs.100 Cr Entity In IIoT, AIDC
- Marketing Trends That Will Fizzle Out In 2018
- AI, Automation Disrupting Real Estate: JLL India CEO
- Mobile Operators To Cope With HD, Encryption Issues: Study
- India Launches Blockchain Foundation To Accelerate Growth