HFCL Brings Mandi Bhav to Phones of Punjab Farmers
HFCL Infotel Limited has launched a voice based value added service ‘Mandi Bhav’ in Punjab. This will allow the subscriber to get the rate of commodities such as vegetables, fruits, food grains, pulses fibre crops, and spices from amongst the wholesale markets all across the state.
Vijay Bainsla, GM (marketing), HFCL said, "The service will empower the farmers to find out the mandis where the rates are the best and accordingly they can sell their produce."
The service is available to both ‘Connect’ landline and ‘Ping’ mobile customers. Subscribers can have access to real-time commodity rates from the different mandis of Punjab now by simply dialing a number from their landlines or mobile phones and following some instructions thereafter.
At present HFCL Infotel covers 12 major market of the state including Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Moga, Faridkot, Kapurthala, etc. and has plans to cover at least 40 top mandis of the region depending upon the response.
- Nearly All Firms Are Unprepared For Next-gen Cyber-Attacks: Study
- eSIM And Soft SIM: A New Era For The Mobile Ecosystem?
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- Ransomware Against IoT, Mobile On The Rise: SonicWall
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed
- Datamato Bets On AI, IoT; Focuses On Newer Markets
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- By 2020, Half Of Content Viewing Will Be Mobile: Study
- Perks@Croma: An Experiment In Buzz Marketing
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India