HFCL Brings Mandi Bhav to Phones of Punjab Farmers
HFCL Infotel Limited has launched a voice based value added service ‘Mandi Bhav’ in Punjab. This will allow the subscriber to get the rate of commodities such as vegetables, fruits, food grains, pulses fibre crops, and spices from amongst the wholesale markets all across the state.
Vijay Bainsla, GM (marketing), HFCL said, "The service will empower the farmers to find out the mandis where the rates are the best and accordingly they can sell their produce."
The service is available to both ‘Connect’ landline and ‘Ping’ mobile customers. Subscribers can have access to real-time commodity rates from the different mandis of Punjab now by simply dialing a number from their landlines or mobile phones and following some instructions thereafter.
At present HFCL Infotel covers 12 major market of the state including Ludhiana, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Patiala, Moga, Faridkot, Kapurthala, etc. and has plans to cover at least 40 top mandis of the region depending upon the response.
- India As A Mobile Manufacturing Hub Is Challenging: Expert
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- RJio To Connect 1100 Cities; Set For Next Level Of Disruption
- Public WiFi To Connect India's 40 mn New Users To Internet: Study
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- India's Mobile Data Traffic To Grow 5x By 2023: Report
- MoneyOnMobile Introduces Bharat Bill Payment
- 5G Will Create USD 27-Bn Opportunity For India: Ericsson