Hire and Fire not for Indians: Sunil Mittal
"Hire and fire policy will not be acceptable in India," said Sunil Mittal, supporting the idea of labour reforms in the country.
According to Mittal, chairman Bharti Group, these are times of distress for corporate houses. "The government and industry hould hold discussions on the same (hire and fire policy), and create a platform to alleviate any harsh decisions. The industry players must be benevolent to the labour force a philosophy that I hold very dear to myself," said Mittal.
Labour reforms are something desirable; but having a hire and fire policy in a country like India is not going to be a acceptable task, neither should that be the requirement from the industry, said he.
However, corporate houses, both in India and abroad, have resorted to job cuts to stay afloat amid the global economic crisis.
- AI To Play A Decisive Role In Cyber Security
- Cloud Is Transforming The Role Of IT Organizations
- Nokia Expands Bengaluru R&D Center To Focus On 5G
- Trai Backs Net Neutrality; Will RJio, Airtel Stand To Gain?
- Airtel-Karbonn Bring Two New Bundled Smartphones To Counter Jio
- CA Technologies Driving Digital India Innovation
- Conversational AI: Driving The Next Generation Customer Experience
- Govt, Telcos Drive VMware’s Growth In India
- Telecom Consolidation: Tata Tele Merges With Airtel
- TRAI's Decision Disappoint Airtel, Vodafone