Hiring To Pick Up In Next 6 Months: Report
The net employment outlook for the coming six months (Oct- March’18) will see an incremental increase of two percent, states a study by TeamLease Services. The positivity in the outlook is attributed to the increase in government spending and the stable hiring growth exhibited by few of the sectors and cities, noted the report by the composite staffing company.
The minor recovery is thanks to the hiring sentiment for senior roles (+4), Blue Collar (+4) and Engineering profiles (+3), and large businesses (+2) looking to hire in Metro and Tier-1 cities (+2). The gains are mostly incremental and, while the overall sentiment is positive, the outlook remains subdued across most of the sectors and geographies. Hiring sentiment continues to be positive among large businesses (+2), while small businesses remain pessimistic (-5). The medium sized are slowly getting back on their feet (-2).
E-commerce/Tech Start-ups hiring in Hyderabad (+6), Chennai (+5), Bangalore (+4), Delhi (+4) and Ahmedabad (+4) looks promising.
Three of the seven Functional Areas – Engineering (+3), Blue Collar (+3) and Office Services (+2) – are sought after by employers. Marketing (-4) and Human Resources (-3) are associated with negative sentiment.
“The modest pace at which the hiring sentiment is growing seems to indicate a steadier and stable recovery rather than a temporary spike. In fact, most of the profiles that the companies are adding are not just to address the short-term requirement but to build capabilities indicating the good tidings are here to stay,” said Rituparna Chakraborty, Co-Founder & Executive Vice President, TeamLease Services.
This bi-annual report provides an overview of the mechanics of hiring, job growth, salaries and their drivers, for the period of October 2017 to March 2018.
- Every CISO's Security Mantra In The Cloud Environment
- 5 Ways To Increase RoI From ERP Implementation
- Drones, A Key Tech Innovation In Indian Construction
- Uber To Double Headcount In India Across Tech Centers
- 3 Things To Know Before You Land A Tech Job
- What’s Driving India’s B2B E-Commerce Market?
- Tech Mahindra, H2O To Drive AI-ML Solutions To The Enterprise
- 8 Trends That Will Reshape the FinTech Landscape in 2019
- Smartphone Users In India To Double by 2022: Cisco
- 5 Game Changing Technologies In E-Commerce