Hitachi, BlueArc Enter OEM Agreement
Hitachi Data Systems has announced a five-year worldwide OEM agreement with BlueArc. The company has also announced the immediate availability of the its high-performance NAS Platform powered by BlueArc.
With this Hitachi is targeting the high-performance computing market that requires intensive file processing and not simple file storage.
The new high-performance NAS Platform offers more performance, capacity, file system size, and snapshot replicas.
The high-performance NAS Platform’s massive capacity allows for fewer nodes and lower maintenance costs. The platform’s single logical storage pool of up to 512 terabytes eliminates the need to break up large data sets and its advanced file virtualization capabilities enables automatic growth of file systems. The platform helps to avoid costly duplicate efforts by promoting information sharing among researchers via fast, secure access to a central pool of files and databases that can scale up to a massive 4 million files per directory.
“BlueArc’s leading file-based virtualization technology is a perfect complement to Hitachi’s block-based virtualization solutions,” said Mike Gustafson, president & CEO, BlueArc.
John Mansfield, vice president - product management, Hitachi Data Systems said, “There is tremendous opportunity for the Hitachi High-performance NAS Platform with our installed base. We can now help customers consolidate and virtualize a tiered storage block AND file-based environment.”
The NAS Platform supports the company’s portfolio of storage systems. The platform will be fully integrated with Hitachi’s storage management software, and will also be fully integrated into its data protection and replication suite, ensuring complete integration into the company’s entire product line of SAN and NAS solutions.
- Nine Ways To Ensure Cloud Security In Your Organization
- Indian Life Insurers Partner with Cognizant to Develop Blockchain Solution
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- Consider Blockchain, Think Non-linear!
- Best testing practices for successful Salesforce implementation in your organization
- Semiconductors in Data Storage
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner