Hitachi, BlueArc Enter OEM Agreement
Hitachi Data Systems has announced a five-year worldwide OEM agreement with BlueArc. The company has also announced the immediate availability of the its high-performance NAS Platform powered by BlueArc.
With this Hitachi is targeting the high-performance computing market that requires intensive file processing and not simple file storage.
The new high-performance NAS Platform offers more performance, capacity, file system size, and snapshot replicas.
The high-performance NAS Platform’s massive capacity allows for fewer nodes and lower maintenance costs. The platform’s single logical storage pool of up to 512 terabytes eliminates the need to break up large data sets and its advanced file virtualization capabilities enables automatic growth of file systems. The platform helps to avoid costly duplicate efforts by promoting information sharing among researchers via fast, secure access to a central pool of files and databases that can scale up to a massive 4 million files per directory.
“BlueArc’s leading file-based virtualization technology is a perfect complement to Hitachi’s block-based virtualization solutions,” said Mike Gustafson, president & CEO, BlueArc.
John Mansfield, vice president - product management, Hitachi Data Systems said, “There is tremendous opportunity for the Hitachi High-performance NAS Platform with our installed base. We can now help customers consolidate and virtualize a tiered storage block AND file-based environment.”
The NAS Platform supports the company’s portfolio of storage systems. The platform will be fully integrated with Hitachi’s storage management software, and will also be fully integrated into its data protection and replication suite, ensuring complete integration into the company’s entire product line of SAN and NAS solutions.
- Dell EMC's Sandeep Bhambure Joins Veeam As MD For India And SAARC
- AI Is Changing Every Area Of Business
- 2018: The Year Of Demystifying Unstructured Data
- SMB Guide To Effectively Deploy Salesforce CRM
- 7 Trends Driving IT Transformation In India
- Suspicious Transactions Up Due To Surge In Digital Payments
- Qlik Appoints Mike Capone As New CEO
- CIO Klub Chennai Chapter Marks Sixth anniversary
- Top 5 SMB Tech Trends To Rule In 2018
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure To Accelerate IT Transformation