Hitachi Data Systems introduces HCP v4 platform
In a bid to simplify and accelerate cloud adoption, Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) has launched the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) v4. The Hitachi Data Ingestor (HDI) is a new addition to the HCP and is integrated with HCP’s massive 40 petabytes (PB) of capacity and data and storage management capabilities to provide bottomless, backup-free storage at distributed locations, informed the company.
“The new Hitachi Data Ingestor and Hitachi Content Platform directly address distributed IT customers’ pressing challenges such as getting data and users into cloud at their own pace by delivering an integrated edge-to-core cloud infrastructure. This enables enterprise organizations and cloud service providers to easily, quickly and cost effectively create a cloud-based service,” commented Miki Sandorfi, chief strategist, File, Content and Cloud, Hitachi Data Systems.
According to Hitachi (NYSE: HIT), an advanced object storage solution, HCP v4 eliminates tape-based backups and includes built-in chargeback tools. With massive scale, multiple storage tiers, broad interoperability, secure multitenancy and configurable attributes for each tenant, customers can support a wide range of applications on a single cluster. It is integrated with the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform and adapts to existing, legacy environments through the new Hitachi Data Ingestor to improve longevity.
The HCP and HDI are now available worldwide.
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- 10 Questions To Ask Your Cloud Vendor Encryption Solutions
- Microservices, Latency and Alligators in the Pond
- Despite Potential, AI Has Many Issues To Be Sorted
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- The Digital Messiah: Inside Accenture's Innovation Hub
- Indus OS To Become Default Platform For Internet Content
- Truecaller Acquires Indian Firm Chillr; Launches Truecaller Pay 2.0
- Businesses Speed Up Adoption of Augmented Analytics Tools