Hitachi Finishes Testing for IBM Enterprise Server
Hitachi Data Systems Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, has announced the successful completion of compatibility and interoperability testing for the IBM System z10 Enterprise Class server, the IBM next-generation mainframe which IBM announced earlier this year.
Product interoperability testing included the Hitachi Universal Storage Platform V and the Hitachi Universal Storage Platform VM.
The successful testing was conducted for Hitachi’s support of Enterprise System Connection (ESCON), Fiber Connection (FICON) and Fiber Channel Protocol (FCP) connectivity for select configurations of IBM System z10 Enterprise Class (z10 EC), z9 Enterprise Class (z9 EC), zSeries 800, 900 and 990 systems running operating systems including z/OS 1.9, z/VM 5.3, z/VSE4.1 and Linux on System z Novell SUSE SLES 9 and SLES 10.
According to a press statement, the testing completion results in a greater degree of compatibility and interoperability and makes it easier for customers to install both Hitachi Data Systems and IBM products in their environments.
- How Emerging Tech Is Redefining India's Real Estate
- Adoption of Social Business Models Growing, Says ISG
- Do Indian Techies Stand Exposed To The Current Tech Evolution?
- 5 Steps to Manage An Efficient Innovation Program
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- Silvan Launches IoT Business Manager for The Enterprise
- Embracing Zen In Business To Be Flexible and Innovative
- IBM Is Unlocking Tribal Knowledge With Data
- Building Better Data Protection and Steering Clear of GDPR Violations
- Top Enterprise Software Tech Trends So Far In 2018