Hitachi to cease production of chips by 2014
Japan’s Hitachi Ltd said on Friday it would cease production of chips used in information and telecoms hardware at the end of March 2014.
“The semiconductor industry has seen an increasingly horizontal division of labour in terms of development, design and manufacturing in recent years,” said Hitachi in a statement.
Hitachi, an industrial manufacturer that makes goods ranging from nuclear reactors to washing machines, said efforts to boost cost efficiency and competitiveness drove the decision.
- Hitachi's New-Age Solutions Empowering Banks
- Qualcomm May Break Up To Join Intel
- Definitions Are Key When It Comes To Ensuring IT Efficiency
- Here's Why Intel President And Others Exit
- Tech Cos Smartening Up India's Smart Cities
- Hitachi Strengthens Its IoT Platform
- HDS Strengthens Its Software-Defined Portfolio
- iGATE Centralizes IT operations Using Hitachi's VDI Solution
- FireEye Hires Ex-Symantec Exec To Lead APJ
- How IT Will Change Education By 2020?