Hitachi to cease production of chips by 2014
Japan’s Hitachi Ltd said on Friday it would cease production of chips used in information and telecoms hardware at the end of March 2014.
“The semiconductor industry has seen an increasingly horizontal division of labour in terms of development, design and manufacturing in recent years,” said Hitachi in a statement.
Hitachi, an industrial manufacturer that makes goods ranging from nuclear reactors to washing machines, said efforts to boost cost efficiency and competitiveness drove the decision.
- India-Japan To Collaborate On ICT, Cybersecurity
- 5 Tech Trends For APAC IT Leaders In 2015
- Semiconductor Companies Doing ‘More than Moore’
- Are CIOs Ready To Fly High?
- Hitachi To Focus On Social Innovation Biz
- HDS Expands Hybrid Cloud Portfolio
- IBM Pays $1.5Bn To Shed Loss Making Chip Unit
- Infosys Inks Deal With Huawei On Cloud, Big Data
- How Google Is Blurring The Lines Between Machines And Humans
- Content Management Is The Key To Success