Hitachi to cease production of chips by 2014
Japan’s Hitachi Ltd said on Friday it would cease production of chips used in information and telecoms hardware at the end of March 2014.
“The semiconductor industry has seen an increasingly horizontal division of labour in terms of development, design and manufacturing in recent years,” said Hitachi in a statement.
Hitachi, an industrial manufacturer that makes goods ranging from nuclear reactors to washing machines, said efforts to boost cost efficiency and competitiveness drove the decision.
- With 5G Radio Success, Verizon To Offer Better Network Performance
- Swarm Chip To Unleash The Power Of Parallel Computing
- 5 Data Breach Predictions For Businesses
- "We've Moved Beyond Being Just A Storage Company"
- Alibaba And Softbank Join Hands To Offer Cloud Services
- Kaspersky Reaches Out To CIOs In Pune
- Indian-Origin Engineer Develops Tech To Double Wi-Fi Speed
- Here's Why HDS Is Bullish On Flash Storage
- HDS CEO Jack Domme To Head Social Innovation Biz
- Data WareHouse Transitioning Into Data Lakes