Hitachi Veteran Venugopal is India Business Head
Hitachi Data Systems has appointed Vivekanand Venugopal as vice president & general manager, India. Venugopal has donned various senior roles at HDS since he joined in 2001.
Venugopal s new role would encompass growing the business, extending partnerships and expansion of the company’s revenue, customers and market share in India. Previously, as VP of Hitachi s APAC Global Solutions Services and the Product and Solutions Group, Venugopal has played a significant role in Hitachi s market-leading growth in the Asia Pacific region, a company release said..
According to Kevin Eggleston, SVP & GM (Asia Pacific), the company recorded growth of 62% year-on-year in the external disk storage market in India in the last fiscal year and the region continues to represent high potential for its business.
My new role will give me a great opportunity to integrate my earlier experiences as VP of Hitachi s APAC Global Solutions Services and the Solutions and Products Group into the Indian market. We will continue to leverage our unique storage and services solutions to help our clients in India to meet their changing business requirements, said Venugopal.
In his previous role, Venugopal was responsible for helping to make Hitachi the number one virtualized storage solutions supplier in the world. He takes over from Natarajan Viswanathan who left recently to pursue his own interests after a two-year stint.
Venugopal joined Hitachi Data Systems in India in 2001 as business development manager, and later handled sales across India. In 2004, he was responsible for driving the storage management solution business line across Asia Pacific.
Prior to joining Hitachi Data Systems, he worked with a storage integration company based in Bangalore. He holds a graduate degree in computer science and engineering and a postgraduate degree in marketing management.
- Insurance Cos Lack Strategy To Leverage IoT Data: Study
- Lack Of Trained Staff, Security Hinder FinTech Growth
- Smart Cities Can Save 125 Hrs For Each Citizen Every Year: Study
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- IT Leaders Struggling With Hyper-Converged Infrastructure: Study
- AI, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics To Rule Healthcare Sector
- Blockchain Can Radically Transform Digital Marketing
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- India Tops Data Literacy And Awareness In APAC: Report