HMEL Implements SAP Solns for Energy-Efficiency
HPCL Mittal Energy (HMEL), a player in the crude oil refining and finished petroleum products space, has implemented SAP ERP. The company is building a state-of-the-art petroleum refinery at Bhatinda in Punjab.
HMEL is a joint venture between state-run Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Mittal Energy Investment, Singapore, a Lakshmi N Mittal group company.
V Anantharaman, vice president-Finance, HMEL, said, SAP s experience in the Indian oil and gas sector made it a natural choice for us to consolidate and standardise our business processes and controls end-to-end. SAP solution capabilities will provide us with a scalable and flexible platform to facilitate asset creation and streamline inventory and finance functions. The software solutions will provide us with the ability to incorporate best practices in the industry.
Wipro implemented the solution for HMEL within 119 days according to a statement.
Along with the SAP FICO, MM and HR solutions, the company has also adopted SAP value-added business solutions for governance, risk and compliance (GRC), document management system (DMS) and business intelligence (BI). Going live on the application will help HMEL establish transparent governance across the organisation, and timely business information will enable informed decision-making.
The Indian oil and gas sector is increasingly dependent on technology to more efficiently manage energy resources, said Ranjan Das, managing director, SAP Indian Subcontinent. Recognising the regulatory requirements and operational complexity of this industry, HMEL is taking on a leadership position by making strategic investments in enterprise applications that drive business efficiency. HMEL will also maximise its industry value through technology expertise, ensuring protection of the environment along with health and safety of the community.
- Embracing Opportunities And Challenges Of Digital Transformation
- Four Reasons For Indian Enterprises To Move To SIP
- How Machine Learning Is Changing CIO's Role
- Tips To Transform Your Business With Cloud Migration
- Why Enterprises Need To Automate Security Systems
- LAVA Appoints Sunil Raina As President, Business Head
- What Digital Transformation Means To Global Businesses
- India's Enterprise Software Spending To Outgrow China: Gartner
- Employee Training: A Security Priority For Financial CISOs
- Woman Empowerment Through Edtech