HMEL Implements SAP Solns for Energy-Efficiency
HPCL Mittal Energy (HMEL), a player in the crude oil refining and finished petroleum products space, has implemented SAP ERP. The company is building a state-of-the-art petroleum refinery at Bhatinda in Punjab.
HMEL is a joint venture between state-run Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Mittal Energy Investment, Singapore, a Lakshmi N Mittal group company.
V Anantharaman, vice president-Finance, HMEL, said, SAP s experience in the Indian oil and gas sector made it a natural choice for us to consolidate and standardise our business processes and controls end-to-end. SAP solution capabilities will provide us with a scalable and flexible platform to facilitate asset creation and streamline inventory and finance functions. The software solutions will provide us with the ability to incorporate best practices in the industry.
Wipro implemented the solution for HMEL within 119 days according to a statement.
Along with the SAP FICO, MM and HR solutions, the company has also adopted SAP value-added business solutions for governance, risk and compliance (GRC), document management system (DMS) and business intelligence (BI). Going live on the application will help HMEL establish transparent governance across the organisation, and timely business information will enable informed decision-making.
The Indian oil and gas sector is increasingly dependent on technology to more efficiently manage energy resources, said Ranjan Das, managing director, SAP Indian Subcontinent. Recognising the regulatory requirements and operational complexity of this industry, HMEL is taking on a leadership position by making strategic investments in enterprise applications that drive business efficiency. HMEL will also maximise its industry value through technology expertise, ensuring protection of the environment along with health and safety of the community.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Digital Platforms Are Helping Real Estate Business
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- IoT Knowledge Gaps Exist In Consumer Product Industry
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer
- Cloud Computing Driving Innovation For Next Generation
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business
- Intel’s Former CEO Paul Otellini Dies At 66