HomeShop18 appoints new CMO
HomeShop18, a New Delhi-based e-commerce company has appointed Rashmi Berry as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). In this role, Berry is responsible for building and establishing the brand across the business verticals of TV, web and mobile.
Berry brings with her over 18 years of strategic and operational experience in branding & marketing across industry verticals. Her last assignment was with The HT Media Group, where she launched the Groups’ Radio brand Fever 104 FM, an HT-Virgin Radio Collaboration and the flagship news portal Hindustantimes.com. She subsequently moved as Business Head for Hindustantimes.com, Livehindustan.com and HT Mobile. She has worked across media domains including previous stints with The India Today Group & STAR TV India. As a Senior Consultant & Practice Head at Quadra Advisory, she has worked on the brand launches and marketing strategies for leading brands including Max Healthcare, ALLOUT, Moser Baer and SUNDROP edible oil.
Commenting on her new responsibilities, Berry said, “I am extremely excited at the opportunity to further strengthen the HomeShop18 brand, a well established market leader in the TV home shopping space and one of the fastest growing e-commerce brands, since its launch last year. Virtual retail in India is going through an explosive phase of growth with increasing penetration, technology innovations, product range expansion & increasing competition. I look forward to the exciting journey as homeShop18 achieves leadership not only in market share, but also in mind share.”
“We are extremely excited to have Berry on board. Her rich marketing background and deep understanding of consumer behaviour will contribute immensely in further consolidating our brand and entrenching us deeper with our continuously expanding consumer base,” said Sundeep Malhotra, CEO & Founder of HomeShop18.
Berry holds a degree in Management from the Faculty of Management Studies - University of Delhi and is a graduate from Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University.
- How Augmented Reality Is Powering Mobile Commerce
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India
- After Telecom, RJio Set To Disrupt India’s E-Commerce
- Why Is India Interesting For Walmart And Other Retailers?
- Can Walmart-Flipkart Deal Change India's E-Commerce Landscape?
- Counterfeit Products Continue To Haunt E-Commerce
- Microsoft, Amazon, India’s Top Employers: Randstad
- How E-Tailers Can Gain From Online Flash Sales
- Trends That Will Shape India's E-Commerce
- E-Tailers Should Embrace “Mobile-First” Mindset To Succeed