Honeywell collaborates with Aruba, to offer mobile computing network
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) and Aruba Networks (NASDAQ: ARUN), recently announced that they are collaborating to offer wireless networking and mobile computing solutions and support services targeted at retail, healthcare, and logistics applications. As part of a global alliance, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility and Aruba will provide an end-to-end wireless solution for added data collection productivity.
Honeywell International is a diversified technology and manufacturing player, serving customers with aerospace products and services, while Aruba is a distributed enterprise networks player.
“Honeywell and Aruba have a shared vision about the primacy of customer support, and the need for robust mobile data collection across the enterprise. The alliance speaks as much to our commitment to delivering the best end-user experience as it does about building the most capable data collection infrastructure,” commented Darius Adamczyk, president, Honeywell Scanning & Mobility.
The deal will see the pairing of Aruba’s wireless local area network (LAN) infrastructure with Honeywell’s Dolphin 6000, 7000 and 9000 series of mobile computing devices for data collection, digital image capture, and intelligent signature capture.
Dominic Orr, Aruba’s president and CEO observes that, enterprises around the world are looking to workforce mobility to increase productivity, improve efficiency, and control operating costs. “Achieving these benefits requires robust mobile computing platforms, running on secure wireless infrastructure validated to operate interoperably – all backed by world-class support. Aruba and Honeywell are offering just such a solution,” he remarked.
- How Fortis Improves Patient Care With Microsoft Azure
- Cyber Security: Challenges And Potential For Indian Businesses
- Vijay Anand Quits Matrimony.com To Join VRCM
- The Promise Of Cognitive Computing In India
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure To Accelerate IT Transformation
- 2018 Will Be The Year Of The Hybrid Cloud
- Testing Times For Data Center Of The Future
- Making A Shift To Human-Centric Security
- The Future Of Digital Payments In 2018
- Trends In Information Management: An India Perspective