HP announces new converged cloud offerings
HP today extended its commitment to the OpenStack community with new HP Converged Cloud offerings.
HP is integrating OpenStack technology to deliver enterprise-grade solutions across its private, public and hybrid cloud portfolio.
“Enterprises are embracing open-source cloud solutions to increase workload portability and avoid vendor lock-in,” said V Ramachandran, Country Head, Converged Infrastructure Solution, HP India. “HP provides the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud solution leveraging OpenStack across private and public cloud environments.”
The other offerings include HP CloudSystem, now features integrated OpenStack technology with the latest release, HP CloudSystem 7.2. Additionally, HP introduced two new HP CloudSystem Bursting Activation Services that allow enterprises and service providers to install and configure cloud-bursting capabilities.
HP also expanded its public cloud portfolio with new HP Cloud Messaging, available as a service to enable developers to build more fault-tolerant applications and reduce application downtime by duplicating messages on multiple servers.
HP also submitted to the OpenStack Foundation a blueprint and software for orchestration and provisioning of Fibre Channel Storage in private and hybrid cloud deployments. In line with this contribution, the HP Converged Storage portfolio—including HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and HP StoreVirtual Storage—now supports OpenStack technology across both iSCSI and Fibre Channel protocols.
- NetApp’s Six Storage Predictions for 2015
- Cloud: A Driver Of Innovation; Not A Mere Efficiency Engine
- IBM Sees Major Cloud Expansion In 2014; Aims For More
- How Tech Is Changing Future Of Workforce
- IoT Adoption To Gain Pace in 2015
- 12 Tech To Empower Biz; Boost India's GDP
- IoT To Drive IAM Implementations, Says Gartner
- SDDC, The Present And Future Trend
- 70 pc Indian Firms Fail To Recover Data
- Riverbed Technology To Sell For $3.6 Billion