HP announces new converged cloud offerings
HP today extended its commitment to the OpenStack community with new HP Converged Cloud offerings.
HP is integrating OpenStack technology to deliver enterprise-grade solutions across its private, public and hybrid cloud portfolio.
“Enterprises are embracing open-source cloud solutions to increase workload portability and avoid vendor lock-in,” said V Ramachandran, Country Head, Converged Infrastructure Solution, HP India. “HP provides the industry’s most comprehensive hybrid cloud solution leveraging OpenStack across private and public cloud environments.”
The other offerings include HP CloudSystem, now features integrated OpenStack technology with the latest release, HP CloudSystem 7.2. Additionally, HP introduced two new HP CloudSystem Bursting Activation Services that allow enterprises and service providers to install and configure cloud-bursting capabilities.
HP also expanded its public cloud portfolio with new HP Cloud Messaging, available as a service to enable developers to build more fault-tolerant applications and reduce application downtime by duplicating messages on multiple servers.
HP also submitted to the OpenStack Foundation a blueprint and software for orchestration and provisioning of Fibre Channel Storage in private and hybrid cloud deployments. In line with this contribution, the HP Converged Storage portfolio—including HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage and HP StoreVirtual Storage—now supports OpenStack technology across both iSCSI and Fibre Channel protocols.
- Section 66A and 69A: 10 questions on India’s Controversial IT Laws
- Oracle Hires Aggressively In APAC To Sell Cloud
- Why Pay More for IT Storage?
- Mobile-Cloud Strategy: Microsoft Ties Up With Samsung
- Are CFOs, CMOs New Favourites Of CEOs?
- Why Phaneesh Murthy Is Sure About Start-Up Success
- Bharti Airtel Partners AWS For Cloud Services
- Turning Retail IT Challenges Into Business Opportunities
- Meet Ashish Pachory: Power CIO of The Year
- CIOs Now Key Decision Makers In The Cloud