HP announces new servers for Big Data
With the advent of Big Data software, many organizations have tried to deploy these solutions on existing architectures not designed to handle the specific needs of these workloads. As a result, the outcomes from these early deployments have been suboptimal from a performance and cost perspective. To address that HP today unveiled a server that will help operationalize Big Data.
“Big Data application environments such as Hadoop, MPP data warehouses, Big Data analytics and object stores have very different workload requirements,” said Dan Vesset, vice president, Business Analytics Research, IDC. “Given the large and varied amounts of fast-moving data that needs to be stored and accessed quickly and the different requirements of end users, these workloads can be highly varied, complex and inefficient to manage if run on traditional hardware infrastructure. In order to fully embrace the promise of Big Data, it is critical that the underlying infrastructure be optimized for the workload.”
HP said that it launched the HP ProLiant SL4500 server series for Big Data environments. Built on HP Converged Infrastructure, the new server saves on area space and power.
The HP ProLiant SL4500 server series also supports multiple Apache Hadoop vendors including Cloudera and Hortonworks, as well as additional software including OpenStack Cloud Software and MongoDB, said HP.
HP also announced updates to its high-performance computing (HPC) portfolio, for users to benefit processing technology from Intel and NVIDIA.
- Brands Fail To Use Customer Data to Deliver Personalization: Study
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Tele-Health To Bolster Home Healthcare Services
- There's No Stopping The IoT Growth; Here's Why
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- SAP Leonardo To Help Indian Firms With Digital Transformation
- Qlik to Power Sitel's Big Data Initiative
- How Algorithms Are Revolutionizing Lending Business