HP Appoints Jim Merritt as Sr. VP for APJ
He brings an exceptional talent for understanding customers’ needs, particularly as they apply in the dynamic APJ marketplace, says the company
HP today announced the appointment of Jim Merritt as Senior Vice president and General Manager of Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking (ESSN) Sales in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ).
A company statement said that Merritt brings a successful history of revenue and profit growth while building a high-performance sales culture to improve accountability, results and customer focus. He will report to Dave Donatelli, Executive Vice President and General Manager of ESSN and Technology Services.
“With APJ organizations increasingly leading the way to cloud computing and other service-driven IT models, they need an innovative and experienced technology partner to help them drive their businesses forward,” said Donatelli. “James brings an exceptional talent for understanding customers’ needs, particularly as they apply in the dynamic APJ marketplace.”
Merritt has held a number of global and regional senior management posts, most recently at Dell, where he was president of Global Sales with responsibilities for both direct and indirect sales to corporate customers. He spent the last 13 years with Dell in global and regional sales roles, including four years within APJ. Under his leadership, the APJ region achieved strong, double digit revenue and profit growth.
Prior to Dell, Merritt spent more than 15 years with IBM in a variety of leadership roles, including vice president of Worldwide Marketing and Strategy for the server group.
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- More SMBs Investing In Data Security, CRM: Study
- Rubique Appoints Ex-Snapdeal CFO Anup Vikal On Board
- How New Tech Models Are Changing The IT Skills
- Collaboration Is Powering Modern Enterprise, Government
- HCI Makes Software-Defined Data Center Simple
- How E-Tailers Can Gain From Online Flash Sales
- Banks, Govt To Drive Enterprise Storage Growth: IDC
- Moving Towards Conversational Economy With AI
- Coolpad Appoints Chief IP Officer; Focuses On India Market