HP Focuses on Open Source Cloud
In a bid to help enterprises manage hybrid clouds effectively, Hewlett Packard has announced its recent commitment to open cloud computing standards. As part of its open cloud computing initiative, Steve Dietch, HP’s Enterprise Cloud Vice President announced at the Red Hat Summit that its new offerings will have compatibility with other cloud resources.
The company’s strategy revolves around tools to manage a hybrid cloud. These tools combine on-premise IT infrastructure with public cloud resources. According to Dietch, “Every enterprise, having a sound, pragmatic strategy, will move to hybrid cloud delivery.” He explained that the traditional IT tools are homogenous, hardwired and siloed and not flexible and agile. CIOs are still not willing to put all of their applications up in a public cloud. That’s the reason hybrid clouds are the “cloud of the future.”
With more enterprises moving to the cloud, HP believes that CIOs will also continue with legacy IT infrastructure will continue to remain. The company has estimated a $1.7 trillion will be spent yearly on IT in the coming years, but only about 15 percent of that will be on cloud.
Keeping this in mind, the IT giant announced its Converged Cloud model that is interoperable with existing infrastructure HP’s system and supports over thousands of customers utilising the hybrid technology that is powered by HP’s leveraging of OpenStack.
“The open source cloud deployment model allows the support across multiple hypervisors and operating systems. CIOs using converged Cloud can also interact more easily with other OpenStack-powered clouds owing to its common and open application program interface (API) framework,” said Dietch.
HP is also competing in a crowded infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) market, where Amazon Web Service is the dominant IaaS provider, while a host of major providers such as Microsoft and Google are attempting to grab AWS market share or target niche offerings.
- Cloud Computing Boosts Hybrid Cloud Adoption: Study
- Hybrid Cloud In The Era Of Hyper Conversion
- APAC To Lead In Cloud, IoT Adoption: Trend Micro EVP
- Hybrid Cloud Deployment Leads To Massive Cost Savings: Study
- Why Enterprises Should Adopt Hybrid Cloud
- GSTN Completes Software Testing, Ready For GST Rollout
- Cloud or On-Premise Security: Striking A Balance for Optimal Protection
- India Now Has 50K Positions Open For Analytics Jobs: Study
- HDS Appoints Sanjay Agrawal As Director - Platforms And Solutions
- Oracle To Open Its First India Data Center