HP India Unveils Proliant ML150 Server
For the growing emerging business, HP India has launched Proliant ML150, a dual processor server.
The HP Proliant ML 150 server is based on an Intel Xeon processor platform, and comes equipped with a hot Â’plugable’ hard disk drive. It can scale up to 2 Intel Xeon processors, 12GB of memory, and 730GB of storage capacity.
Priced at Rs 94,900, the ML 150 comes with a 3-year part warranty, and a 1-year onsite warranty.
The ML150 is being positioned towards the value conscious buyers, which includes SMBs, the government sector, and the banking and insurance sector.
The ML150 is capable of handling around 250 clients, and supports database, file and print, email and Internet access. The server is compatible both with Windows and Linux operating systems.
Neelam Dhawan, vice president-sales and enterprise business group, HP India, said, “Almost 58 percent of the business lies in the low-end market. At the same time, there is a developing market emerging for servers in the 1,15,000 bracket. The buying boost is being delivered especially from the SMBs and the banking sector.’
The Proliant ML150 is the first of a new Proliant 100 series servers that has been conceptualized, designed and manufactured keeping in mind the SMB market in Asia Pacific. It is the ideal server for the value conscious growing businesses.
Vaibhav Phadnis, country manager, industry standard servers, HP India, said, Â“The ML150 is HP’s price point redefining product. It is an affordable server with performance and scalability for business. With this launch we expect our market share to grow in the SMB server space. The server has been designed to grow in line with customers computing needs, minus the complexity involved with upgrading IT infrastructure.Â”
Regarding sales targets, Phadnis explained, Â“We expect to sell around 500 ML150 servers in a quarter.Â”
- Choosing The Right Domain Name: 7 Tips for SMBs
- Increased Data Centers Usage To Spur Server Shipments: Report
- How NTT Data Gets Smarter With Server Virtualization
- IBM Unveils Linux Servers To Empower AI And Deep Learning
- Windows 10 Presents Business Opportunity For VMware, Microsoft
- Five Essential Practices for Securing Data
- Cisco Report Predicts Next Generation Of Ransomware
- HPE Joins GE To Push Internet Of Things
- Virtualization Helps CSS Corp Go Lean And Fit
- Protecting Customer Privacy Is BlackBerry's Core Principle: John Chen