HP launches early access program for EVA
HP recently announced a worldwide early access program for the upcoming HP P6000 Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) targeted for general availability mid this year. With an installed base of nearly 100,000 EVA units deployed worldwide, this program represents an opportunity for clients to accelerate storage consolidation projects and reduce datacenter costs without retraining administrative staff.
“Due to our clients’ need for ease-of-use and reliability, the EVA has become an essential storage building block of their most important applications,” opined Prakash Krishnamoorthy, country manager, HP StorageWorks, HP India. He said,“The HP P6000 EVA offers our clients a holistic approach to storage infrastructure, from general-purpose storage to messaging to data applications, which enables them to efficiently run their businesses.”
According to the company, part of HP’s Converged Infrastructure portfolio, the P6000 EVA represents the company’s fifth generation EVA and features increased capacity and performance improvements. The HP P6000 EVA delivers greater flexibility and performance with a 6Gb/second Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) back-end, support for standard SAS hard disk drives, and eight gigabit Fibre Channel connectivity.
HP stated its Converged Infrastructure is a core component of an Instant-On Enterprise. In a world of continuous connectivity, the Instant-On Enterprise embeds technology in everything it does to serve clients, employees, partners and citizens with whatever they need, instantly.
- AMD Plans Expansion In India, To Hire 500 Engineers: Report
- Third Party Digital Cos Will Generate Over $31 Bn This Year
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- Oracle's Thomas Kurian Outlines Future Of Enterprise Cloud
- Enterprises See Gap In IoT-ERP Integration: Study
- Network Visibility: How To Diffuse The IT Blame Game
- Oracle Announces New Cloud Programs For The Enterprise
- The Future Of Banking Is Paperless, Say Experts
- Skills Gap, The Key Problem In Enterprise IoT
- Apple Partners With Accenture On Enterprise Mobile Apps