HP offers applications rationalization services
HP Enterprise Services today announced an enhanced service to enable enterprises drive innovation by assessing, transforming and optimizing their applications portfolios. The services, as stated by the company, help enterprises fully understand their applications portfolio and create an applications transformation roadmap along with its supporting business case. The services build a complete applications inventory and identify duplicate and redundant capabilities. In addition, they also define each application’s strategic value to the enterprise, its operational impact and its total cost, informed the company.
“HP has the expertise and tools to help clients understand what is in their portfolio, then reduce the number and complexity of applications to lower costs, freeing up resources for innovation and new projects,” remarked Marshal Correia, director, Enterprise Services, HP India.
These services have been enhanced to include Application Portfolio Management (APM) software, initially available only through this service. APM, is designed to track and manage the dispersed applications data found in complex technology environments. With APM, enterprises can manage their applications initiatives, track the performance and efficiencies of each application, as well as improve ongoing management of the portfolio.
The rationalization services can identify modernization projects to help reduce applications, infrastructure and related costs; it also uses Visual Intelligence Tools to provide complete visibility into an application and identify transformation opportunities. The portfolio is then mapped to clients’ business strategies and technology objectives to develop their applications transformation roadmap. This provides individual action plans for each application based on cost, risk, quality, complexity, value and age. The services using the new Application Portfolio Management software are expected to be available in May.
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXO Today (Oct 16-20)
- Is Artificial Intelligence Ready To Overhaul Healthcare Sector
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Diwali Shopping
- The 10 Best Companies For Women In India
- Delving Into The ABC Of Cyber Security
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- HR Managers See CRM As An Effective Business Tool
- Why Companies Need To Invest In Chief AI Officer