HP offers applications rationalization services
HP Enterprise Services today announced an enhanced service to enable enterprises drive innovation by assessing, transforming and optimizing their applications portfolios. The services, as stated by the company, help enterprises fully understand their applications portfolio and create an applications transformation roadmap along with its supporting business case. The services build a complete applications inventory and identify duplicate and redundant capabilities. In addition, they also define each application’s strategic value to the enterprise, its operational impact and its total cost, informed the company.
“HP has the expertise and tools to help clients understand what is in their portfolio, then reduce the number and complexity of applications to lower costs, freeing up resources for innovation and new projects,” remarked Marshal Correia, director, Enterprise Services, HP India.
These services have been enhanced to include Application Portfolio Management (APM) software, initially available only through this service. APM, is designed to track and manage the dispersed applications data found in complex technology environments. With APM, enterprises can manage their applications initiatives, track the performance and efficiencies of each application, as well as improve ongoing management of the portfolio.
The rationalization services can identify modernization projects to help reduce applications, infrastructure and related costs; it also uses Visual Intelligence Tools to provide complete visibility into an application and identify transformation opportunities. The portfolio is then mapped to clients’ business strategies and technology objectives to develop their applications transformation roadmap. This provides individual action plans for each application based on cost, risk, quality, complexity, value and age. The services using the new Application Portfolio Management software are expected to be available in May.
- Cloud Environments Are Maturing, Yet Growing Complex
- Are Chatbots, Games The Next-Gen Diagnostic Tools?
- How Collaboration Tools Can Boost Enterprise Engagement
- How Is AI Transforming Industries and Society
- IBM, Fortinet Team Up On Cyber Threat Data sharing
- 8 Ways To Ensure If You Have Right Security Mindset
- AI, Blockchain Shake Up The Drilling Industry: Study
- Online Retailers Seek Inventory Accuracy To Remain Relevant: Study
- CRM Tools Can Redefine Wealth Management Industry
- AI, Chatbots Are Completely Changing Insurance Industry