HP Opens Software Testing University
Hewlett-Packard (HP), in partnership with the Indian Institute of Hardware Technology (IIHT), announced the launch of HP Software University (HPSU).
The ‘first of its kind’ program from HP in the non-enterprise training space is aimed at tapping the $13 billion software testing market in India, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 56% by 2010.
Talking to CXOtoday, Neelam Dhawan, managing director of HP India Sales, said, "Testing is a $13-billion market and India has the potential to contribute 70% of this market, hence the need for qualified testing professionals."
The program will offer students training on HP software a curriculum path surrounding various testing software from HP like Quick Test professional and LandRunner. "Students and professionals will have access to numerous opportunities in the technology industry," she said.
According to Dhawan, one-fifth of the software employees are into testing, but don’t have proper tools for testing. This is a major reason professionals prefer software programming to testing as a career in a software firm. "HP will help these certified students in employment," she said.
The university will be initially launched in Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Noida, and will expand to 150 centres across Tier II and Tier III cities over the next few months.
IIHT has been the extended arm of HP for the last 11 years and with about 2 million graduates coming of colleges, testing is a lucrative career option for students, said Keshav Raju, chief executive officer of IIHT.
- Cloud For IT Transformation: 5 Facts CIOs Should Know
- Is Artificial Intelligence The Future Of ERP Software Optimization?
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 9-13)
- Even Minor Glitches And Breaches Can Kill Brands
- Weekly Rewind: Top 10 Stories On CXOToday (Oct 2-6)
- Keysight Gears Up For 5G, High-Speed Datacenters In India
- Are You Choosing The Best Software For Your Business?
- 6 Jobs Artificial Intelligence Is Replacing Soon
- 5 Best Ways to Use Collaboration Tools for Quick Growth
- Using Technology To Your Business Advantage