HP Reclaims Top Slot In Indian Server Market
HP has achieved the top position in the overall server market in India capturing 29% share in units and 35% in revenue terms according to International Data Corporation (IDC) reports.
HP has recorded a year-on-year 35% growth both in revenue and in unit terms. Growth came from the public sector, SMB and the enterprise segments.
In the x86 server market, HP registered a sequential growth of 37% over previous quarter and ended Q1 2005 with a market share of 29%. HP also leads the x86 64-bit market with 52% market share. Some of the key x86 wins were HDFC Bank, ING Vysya Life Insurance, SIFY Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum, and Tata Consultancy.
In the Unix market, HP recorded the highest year-on-year growth of 38% in revenue, which is more than three times the overall market growth.
The Unix market momentum is largely driven by the growing adoption of the Itanium based HP Integrity servers. Some of the key customer wins with Integrity servers last quarter were TIFR Pune, IGIB Delhi, ABB Bangalore, Ultratech Cements, Geological Survey of India, and Tata Tea.
“The price performance advantage offered by HP servers has made key competitive win backs possible,” said Hemant Tiwari, director, enterprise servers and storage, Hewlett Packard India Sales Pvt Ltd.
- How Financial Institutions Can Speed Up The Lending Processes
- Global Device Shipments To See Flat Growth This Year: Gartner
- Cloud In Industrial IoT To Cross USD 46K Mn By 2026: Research
- What Google's Foray Into E-Commerce Means For India
- Digital Payment To Drive Blockchain Growth In India, Says Study
- Role Of Technology In Transforming HR
- Govt Projects To Drive India's Networking Market: IDC
- Apple Leads the Slowing Wearables Market, Says IDC
- Dell EMC Leads Server Market In Q4 2018, Says Gartner
- Here's How Tambo Is Bridging India's Mobility Gap